Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What if no one answers the phone in a hunt group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snwren

Technical User
Dec 14, 2009
I work in a large physician's office, and we have hunt groups set up for each doctor's station that serves as a "stat" line for the hospital. I think I understand the terms "queue" and "overflow" to mean that if all members are already on a call, then the timer kicks in and sends the call to the overflow extension. My question is - what if no one answers the phone in the hunt group? We want that call to be transferred to our operator ACD group after either so many rings or a certain amount of time. Can this be done? We have a BCM 450 and use Business Element Manager 1.05. Thank you for any suggestions!

The Queue should just time out to the Overflw extension that you have set even if no one is on the phone.

I thought that was the case before I posted my question and have already tested as such. The phone just rings and rings way past the timeout I set at 15 seconds. I know there are several operators logged in, and the phones aren't busy that there wouldn't be anyone available to answer the phone.

Choices are:
-Overflow to one last set then goes to that sets vmail if they dont answer
-Overflow to another hunt group
-Overflow to the general mail box (vmails DN)

Overflow occurs after the Queue times out.

"We want that call to be transferred to our operator ACD group"
Are you saying you have both hunt group and ACD agents logged in?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

So putting an ACD group number in for overflow doesn't work? It has to be an extension or another hunt group?

Also, the hunt group members aren't physically "logged in." I've got appearances on the phones in each hunt group, whereas the ACD group has an ID and password to log into their group.

We've only been using Nortel system for about 3 months, so this is all very new to us. We formerly had an Avaya system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back