Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Pickup Hunt Group Call from Hold On Another Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael OConnor

Programmer
Sep 26, 2017
US
Dear friends,

Norstar MICS 7.1. Call Pilot, CCR Path 1 set to Hunt Group 739 (default). Path 2 set as a hook flash transfer to another associate business down the street.

Path 1 goes to HG1: 739. When the call is answered at set 221 and placed on hold, it cannot be picked up by any other phone.
HG1 Auxiliary Ringer=Y to Bogan Telephone Paging Amp w/Outside Ringer Speakers, works fine.

When I press Hold, the display says "Feature" (buttons are not reversed). Is the software going kaput? Did a "Startup" and reprogrammed the MICS... left the Call Pilot alone. Still not functioning properly.

The client is driving me nuts, because he is constantly forwarding his lines to his cell phone and not telling me.

What's the best way to program this. He wants to hear ringing inside and outside and be able to pick up a held Hunt Group call.

Thanks all!!!

Ps. Hunt Group Call displays as [V. That can't be good.

Norstar System Coordinator Guide...

Once a call for boss A is answered by the
secretary, the appearance stops at that set.

Answer DNs won't work.

All sets must have an appearance to retrieve the call when it is placed on hold. That's why I made the lines Appear Only at the phones. In this configuration HG1 does not appear at the phones. If you do a F*0 you will see HG1 in the 3rd position. Even if I move HG1 to the 1st position it still will not show up during a call.

Line 1 - Position 1
Line 2 - Position 2
HG1 - - -Position 3

CP path 2 - Transfer Ext. Line Pool 1 - F716023687071F72.

When Path 2 was pressed the call would hold and then come to the Line 1 position; it wasn't transferring. I have since booted the CP and Path 2 is working again.

The HG Aux Ringer rings immediately upon a new call
. That's not supposed to happen. The HG Aux Ringer isn't supposed to kick in until after CP transfers the call to HG1 (DN739).

Thanks for all your help, but there appears to be a bug in Call Pilot.

MICS_Install_tdfj2a.jpg

"In this configuration HG1 does not appear at the phones"
If your still wanting HG's then please wait for others to chime in, I'm not the only one with a trickery mind, lol.

"The HG Aux Ringer rings immediately upon a new call."
HG's will ring on incoming lines if the HG programming has lines assigned in it, make sure they are removed before doing anything else.
SystemProgramming/HuntGroups/DN/739/LineAssignment/ remove all of them, check other groups in case they are interfering too.
You only need them assigned if your evading reception or AA for a certain dept/DID like "Parts" at dealership.

If you want to move on and at least try Answer DN's instead of HG's as a test, then try exactly as I posted above as it should work.

F71xxxxxxxxxxF72
What is F1 and F2?
if type you only need one link at the beginning which is "#"

Dial string should look more like like: #xxxxxxxxxx or #Pxxxxxxxxxx
# provides the Link/Flash and transfers the call off the system by using the carriers transfer feature.
P I add a Pause sometimes as it may dial too fast not giving the KSU or carrier a chance to register, site dependent.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I never assigned any Lines to HG1; and I never looked. What is the default? I did do a STARTUP (Hybrid) which should have erased all programming.

If I assign Answer DNs... then the moment the call is answered, the call disappears from all the other phones and no one can retrieve the call if it is put on hold.

F71 is Hook Flash; F72 is Hang up. It works fine. This is only for an External Autodial on a button, a backup, in case the caller doesn't listen to the message and forgets to press 2.

HG Aux Ring=Y Doesn't work at all. It used to ring immediately upon a new call, which it isn't supposed to do. It's supposed to wait for CP to answer and get the hand-off to HG1.

I took set 221 and turned on the Aux Ringer. So now nothing rings until the call is handed off from CP to HG1. When CP hands-off the call to HG1, it appears at the telephone, the telephone rings and the Aux Ring=Y (for set 221) kicks-in and rings the outside ringer.

The only minor problem is that Line 1 flashes at set 221 until CP answers the call. Then it reappears and the display reads [V (bracket V) Other than that the system is working ok.

I rebooted the CP and swapped out the MICS 7.1 Software, did a startup (Hybrid) and reprogrammed all the phones.

The customer is satisfied for the moment.

I much prefer working on the Option/CS1000 Switches.
LD 49 IDC was my favorite program.

"A PBX without a console is always in night mode."

I did not know that!

Thanks Everyone!!!

Best regards,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back