Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to be back in IT after 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormerIT

Technical User
Apr 22, 2015
US
hi!
I had been IT professional for 11 years but laid off and
got into my own business.
Now after 6 years I want to get back.
My favorite stuff was report writing.
Crystal, Excel, Access. Also dealing with data, query,
normalization of anomalies, etc.

I am reading 4 pages of my resume right now and I do not
even remember terminology! But I want to go back!

Had 1 interview for entry level position and had been told
I need school or something. Plus I do not have any professional
references anymore.

Please, advice. I had heard IT is blooming now. Please, help.

Business Intelligence (BI) is particularly booming right now and your experience will fit right in with that.

Where are you located? The company I work for is always looking for entry level folks who we can train.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

I am in Philadelphia.
Would you like my resume?

There may be some openings where I am currently working. And although references are desirable, they give a written test on programming and SQL, so there are multiple ways to check a candidate's qualifications. Reply here if you want to discuss further. The job is in Cheltenham, just across the line from Philadelphia. Nice, since that means no Philly wage tax. In accordance with tek-tips policies, do not post your e-mail address in your reply.

==================================
adaptive uber info galaxies (bigger, better, faster, and more adept than agile big data clouds)

Hi, I am back.
Sorry I was away for business and got caught up into different things.

Is there anything I can do again?

Also I am receiving tons of QA Testing positions in my e-mailbox.
Would that be beneficiary to get some course in that?

Thanks and sorry for disappearing without warning.

QA Testing might be a good way to get back into the field. Your understanding of how software works (or can work) would be an asset to Software Testing and QA.

==================================
adaptive uber info galaxies (bigger, better, faster, and more adept than agile big data clouds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back