Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

they want me to get a flu shot 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2016
US
I am a system administrator. I work on computers. I happen to do that work for a hospital organization and rarely leave my cubicle. I don't deal with patients or sick people. But yesterday, our manager told us he wants us all to get flu shots.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to get out of this? Flu shots are dangerous and accomplish absolutely nothing. Plus, it may react negatively with some of the alternative medicines I take. There is no reason for me to get one and no reason for them to tell me to get one.

Oh yes, 'predictive' is far too good a word to be used for such things, "Make a wild-arse guess" would be closer.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Sorry Chris, I was a minor league pitcher at one time, and if I can put one down the middle in someone's wheel house, I will

Trying is the first step towards failure. --Homer Simpson

mojoputter: Well, if you pasted website quotes as well as you pitched, maybe this thread wouldn't have gotten as ridiculously off-track as it has.

Sorry Chris, I was a minor league pitcher at one time, and if I can put one down the middle in someone's wheel house, I will

I have no idea what that even means, :)

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

You are correct Guitarzan, after all this nonsense, I wonder what Johnnygage ended up doing..?

AWOL since 6 Nov 16 22:03.

Maybe he couldn't take the election results.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Canada does have internet so he COULD have posted an update.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Wait - the theory was that he was already dead. Unclear if he went to Canada to avoid flu shot or as a result of the election. Would be ironic if flu killed him in Canada regardless of reason for leaving.

[laughtears]

Please no more.

[rofl2]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Last part of this post has been the best, RIP Johnnygage

This is what happens when you ask a question, rile up the regular posters and then disappear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back