Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Won't activate on phone in a hunt group

Status
Not open for further replies.

tindrum

Technical User
Jul 24, 2014
CA
Hi. It's great to be using this form once again.

Here's my situation.

One of my clients runs a medical clinic that includes a Pharmacy on site. They have a Nortel CICS system with a Call Pilot.
They asked me about 2 months ago if I could program the phone system so that all the calls for the Pharmacy will go to the phones that are located in the Pharmacy area. CCR is set up so that when a caller enters "2" the call will be directed to the main Pharmacy phone (ex 226) which I set up as the first phone within the Pharmacy Hunt Group. The problem is that ex 226 is set to go to Voicemail after 3 rings. IT'S NOT GOING TO VOICEMAIL. Ex 226 does have a mailbox and the "Call Forward No Answer" setting is directed to the Call Pilot port (235).

How can I get 226 to go to voice mail after 3 rings when 226 is located within a Hunt Group?

Awaiting a reply.

Hunt Group calls don't follow Call Forward. This is why a call for the Pharmacy doesn't end up in the voice mailbox for extension 226.

Hopefully, there is something you can do. First, program the Pharmacy Hunt Group to overflow to the Voicemail extension after 15 seconds (that is about 3 rings). Then, set up the mailbox for extension 226 with an alternate DN: use the Pharmacy Hunt Group DN as the alternate DN.

Once it is set up, calls will ring the phones in the Pharmacy area for 3 rings. If the calls aren't answered, they will be routed to the Voicemail and picked up by the mailbox for extension 226.

Thanks for the info Multimedium. I told the customer that I'll be back on Monday. I'll try out your idea then.
I appreciate the quick response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back