Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail keeps leaving me messages on 3300 mxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha611v

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2012
US
Hi, We are running mcd ver 4.2 and recently had a user who had their mailbox start to fill up with messages from the voicemail system. When you listen to them, they are just the voicemail operator saying "please enter your passcode". This continued until a reboot. I am looking through the logs but has anyone experienced this behaivor before? Im trying to make sure it does not happen again.

Yes I've seen it, no I could not duplicate it.

Next time just try retarting the VM

Console Commands:

iPVM_Status - displays status of embedded VM
iPVM_Stop - stops embedded VM
iPVM_Start - starts embedded VM

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Look at the recall timer and call fna timer sounds like expiring timer may be sending calls to voicemail.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

I just double checked and CFNA timer is 15 and recall timer is 17 which looks correct to me. I think im going to chalk this one up to a one off issue.

Hmmm, sounds like the system is programmed to notify the user of new voicemail messages by calling the users extension.

If the user does not answer the notification call is forwarded to voicemail which leaves a message of the voicemail system asking the user to enter his/her password.

This then triggers another notification call, etc etc creating a voicemail message loop.

I have never tried programming this on the MCD but I believe it is possible?

Good Call EngVOIP - Yes that would make sense.

or if the user was busy the call might immediately be sent to voicemail. Like EngVOIP's idea.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Thanks Engvoip....I checked the notification area and this is what caused it. I made this setting look like the other users and it cleared up.

Sasha611v - That kind of help is worth a star. Find the post that gave you the most help and use the link provided to thank EngVOIP. This helps all future viewers to highlight the solution and also gives a nice ego boost to the recipient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back