Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual VM stopped working after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

caknfd

Vendor
Nov 21, 2009
US
4 3300's clusted all upgraded to 6.0SP2 (from release 7.x)using the Embedded VM at the main site. Visual VM works from the main site but no longer works from the 3 remote sites.

Any Ideas

Craig

Wow big jump from Release 7 to MCD 6. Might want to review the help files to see if something changed relating to visual voicemail in MCD 6. i.e some new option or programming needed for visual across a cluster.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Have you added the the other MCD's to the VM Network servers form?
As you have performed such a big jump in software upgrade then I suspect that the form is either incomplete or missing.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Also check the External Visual VM form on the cluster systems make sure they all point at the main site

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Went over everthing with tech support and we couldn't get it to work. Ended up send them a copy of the DB from the main and one of the remote sites they say they will try and duplicate it.
As far as Extenal VM servers I tried it and it didn't help but the doc's show that was only if you were using a Nupoint?

The only errors I recieved is when I had the Extrnal voicemail servers form configured for the embedded VM at the main site.

Thanks for the replys I going on vacation this week and won't have much of a chance to reply but will let you all know when i return.

Craig

Got a reply from support they are now saying visual voice mail is not supported on remote systems. I don't use it but the customer say's it use to work. I don't use it so I can't confirm it myself. Do any of you have a site with visual voice mail working with the embedded vim and multiple sites?

Craig

Do you mean voice mail softkeys or the Visual Voice Mail feature that 5330, 5340, and 5360s have?
If they were release 7.x then it looks like they did not have Visual Voice Mail because according the the System Administration Tool that feature wasn't available until 8.0 UR3 (unless they have 5235s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back