Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VCM Pro problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko46

Technical User
Jan 21, 2008
SI
Hello,

I am using IPO 406 version 4.2 and VCM PRO version is 4.2 the costumer is using voicemail for call center. But now for the last 1 month daily service/file called: VMPROv5svc.exe is stoping the computer( the usage of computer is 100%)and voicemail at the level stops working. After i maunaly re-start all the services regarded to VCMPRO it starts to work fine again. But after a while all written above appears again. Any solutions reccomended?

The OS on the Voicemail server was freshly installed. The OS is Windows XP pro. IF you have any questions please ask.

TNX,

Regards

I have also seen this on 4.2.24 on XP Pro. If you leave the VM Pro Client open, it may crash the service.

Marko, have you reported this to your maintenance company??? have they had someone out to have a look at the VM Server??? Did you install it yourself?

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

You can report it all you want however it's not something they are likely going to fix. I am certain this is a new issue with this build or upgrade to this build. I upgraded one and one is a fresh install, both having the same issue.

I had the same issue, It has to do with the build. I had to schedule an automatic reboot of the voicemail system every sunday night to resolve this issue.

as a temporary workaround you could run a batch file every night at a specific time from your PC with only two entries in it, it will wait until the service is stopped before the service restarts

net stop "VoicemailProServer"

net start "VoicemailProServer"

But if you have done all you can I would open a ticket with Avaya so they can get a handle on things and fix it, because if they don't find the bug then it will still be there in the next maintenance release

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Close the VMPro Client after you logout from the Server, I've had some problems leaving the client open. The VMPro stops after rebooting the IP500.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

I have had this issue for six months. xp pro and voicemail. I run a batch fie every night to restart the computer, not ideal, but the voicemail service does not now crash....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back