Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Trick 80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooops, still had the this thread in clipboard... [neutral]

New Thread is: thread222-976236

Have Fun, Be Young... Code BASIC
-Josh

cubee101.gif

PROGRAMMER: (n) Red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate objects.

Hey, something simple... when your program is stuck in an infinate loop, as is the case with me a time or two, then hit Pause, or Shift and then pause and this will stop the program--rather than closing VB through CTRL ALT DEL.

Also, a non-VB shortcut which I use most in my life is...

WindowsKey & E

This brings up The windows Explorer!

I just learned that F8 will step through the code as long as you put a breakpoint in you code before running it. This has been really handy lately.

LF

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."--Albert Einstein

You can also do what Homersim2600 said wint Control & Break.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

And another thing...

You may like to tryshift and the mouse wheel or ctrl and the mouse wheel while in internet explorer.

Program Error
Why is it, I still think in terms of spectrum BASIC!

Not so much a VB trick but I've found it useful non the less. Left ALT+Shift to change input languages on keyboard.

Harleyquinn

---------------------------------
For tsunami relief donations

Another one is...
F7 will take you to code window if you are in design view and SHIFT + F7 will take you to the design view if you are in code window.

Few more

CTRL + R --> Solution Explorer

F4 --> Property Window

CTRL + T --> opens Customize Toolbox window (VB.Net), Components Window in (VB6)

F2 --> Object Browser

CTRL + SHIFT + C --> Class View Windows (VB.NET)

F9 --> Add/Remove Breakpoint

CTRL + G --> Immediate Window

Yeah, but after you press Ctrl-G, how do you get back to the code window?

-------------------------------------
Peace is not the absence of an external activity called conflict. It is the presence of an internal activity called unity.
- Erik E

Er, thanks. I could have done that! [blush]

will you marry me :D i needed that shortcut for ages (or i need to learn how to shorthand) :f

To elaborate on Razvi's comment:

From the code window, Shift-F7 takes you to the form whether it is open (in design view or normal view) or closed (form opens in design view).

From the form, F7 does a spell check in normal view, and only takes you to the code for that form if it's in design view.

So in normal form view, Alt-F11 will at least get you to the VB window, although it won't open to the code for the form like F7 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back