Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Trick 80

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have adware/spyware then the popups are not being generated by the browser but by the adware/spyware - which the google toolbar blocks popups from the browser only. So you may want to scan your system for adware/spyware.

(just incase anyone was wondering - I've had SP2 installed for 19 days had not had any problems with any of my existing software - 'Doesn't hurt to try SP2 you have the ability to uninstall SP2 in control panel if infact you do have problems'))

%, 2004

SP2 installed and runs fine at work and at home. No problems installing except at home - I didn't disable SpySweeper first. Just had to start over with it disabled, then OK. 10% have problems, though...
ESquared: GREAT tag line!"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who know binary, and those who don't."

---------------------------------------
The customer may not always be right, but the customer is ALWAYS the customer.

Just my 2 cent here ctl + enter on the IE address box will append WWW. to the begining of your text and add the suffix .COM

:)

>SP2 ... Some people have problems

I'm one of them on my home PC...

AVOID SP2

If somethings hard to do, its not worth doing - Homer Simpson

CTRL+Page UP = goes to the beginning of the previous function or sub
CTRL+Page Down = goes to the beginning of the following funtion or sub

While Ctrl+Up Arrow and Ctrl+Down Arrow also allows you to move through procedures and subs, it keeps the cursor on the first line after the procedure declaration.

One little trick if you align controls a lot.

Lets do a left align as a sample.

Select the controls you want to left align.
In the properties pane, tripple click the Left Property.
You are done!

------------------------------------------
The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.

vbSun - can't figure out how to make the triple-click work in VB or in Access - I must be missing something. Are you talking about aligning controls on a form?
Thanks
JSouth

YOu have to triple-click the left column where it says 'Left' and not where you enter the value of the Left property.

AH! Click on top of the word "Left" !!!!
Thanks bjd4jc :)
JSouth
P.S. Works in VB but not in Access forms from what I see.

Microsoft word, type in 5 dashes or underscores for example and hit the enter key. Creates a line with the dash or underscore. I works with = and + also.

closing a project node in PE closes all the open windows of that project ( so you dont have to close them one by one )

OMG I can't believe that this thread is still alive :)

As a teacher once told me, Even if you consider yourself a Guru, you probably don't know half of what the program does...

Shoot I foget half the shortcuts and etc. I put into my own programs.

Casper

There is room for all of gods creatures, "Right Beside the Mashed Potatoes".

Not necessarily my favorite, but not mentioned here ....

whilst in design mode or focus in the properties window.

ctrl-shift letter will take you to the property starting with that letter, e.g. ctrl-shift-c takes you to Cancel, then Caption, then Causesvalidation

"Programmers are tools for converting caffeine into code - BSRF"

Does anywone know if there is a keyboard shortcut to open up the ODBC window?

H

The new (unofficial) sponsor of this thread...
images

It just keeps going and going and going....

115+ posts

Have Fun, Be Young... Code BASIC
-Josh

cubee101.gif

PROGRAMMER: (n) Red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate objects.

Entering 2005!

From Win2k, Microsoft has introduced a new feature in standard message box that was not present before. I think this feature is not documented in Windows Help.

You can copy the contents of the message box to the clipboard. This feature is very useful for reporting errors and other information for assistance.

When you see a message box, just press the standard 'Copy' shortcuts, viz Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Insert to copy the message on the clipboard.

A sample message looks like this when copied as text.
[tt]
---------------------------
Certificate Information
This type of document does not have a security certificate
OK
---------------------------[/tt]

Hypetia Rocks!!!
Too Bad You're MAXED OUT on stars :-(
OK

Source:
Code:
  MsgBox "Too Bad You're MAXED OUT on stars :-(", vbOKOnly, "Hypetia Rocks!!!"

-Josh

cubee101.gif

PROGRAMMER: (n) Red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate objects.

I think we need to start a New Thread for '05 ;-)

Here we go...

Happy NEW YEAR 2005

Begin New Thread...

-Josh

cubee101.gif

New thread is Located At Thread222-533524

Please post new Tricks there to ensure you can get credit for your tips (AND so people don't have to dig through 120 posts to get to yours ;-))

The new thread is referenced back to here also...

-Josh

cubee101.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back