Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity plates 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoubert

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I was driving behind a Honda this morning with a very clever vanity plate. It had the letters LI, followed by the cent symbol, then finished with PL8.

Have you seen any creative vanity plates lately?

So, j0ckser, it sounds as though you met up with SIO2DRA (to have found out that she is a geologist). Good onya! [2thumbsup]

Anything else interesting that we should know about? <cheeky grin>

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

The plate was a plate in Michigan, just a normal plate, so no special letters or symbols next to it.
And it was indeed on a Smart Car. I can assure you of that.
Using the MI License plate availability checker shows that SMRTRNU is indeed taken.
Like aforementioned, I was tired, as I usually am on the way into work (not so much that I drive bad though ;) ). I saw what I believed was the meaning, and messed up the letters in first post.
Michigan does have a limit of 7 characters at the moment.
I still think it means 'Smarter than you'.
All the talk of plates has me kind of wanting to get a personalized plate.

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

So how many personalized license plates does everyone see on a daily basis where you think "Nah, that one's not funny enough to post in the thread"?

I saw a car parked at my bank last week with a plate that read, 401KGUY. I didn't think it was funny enough to post at the time. Of course, now I don't recall what type of car it was...it might have been an SUV.

to SantaMufasa
the woman in question was a friend of a friend. he put the riddle to me but i had no clue how to unravel it (he eventually told me). though it was half a lifetime ago, it stuck with me since. and sorry i have no info about her other than that.

per ardua ad astra

I had a neighbor lady...she was a librarian. Her plate was:
SHHHHHH
--Jim

BTW, RJoubert,

You should be proud...this thread has obviously struck a chord with your fellow MAI-ers...The 246 responses to this point in this therad represent, by far and away, the highest response of any thread in the 4+ year history of Making an Impression. You are now officially licensed as the highest single-thread reply generator.

Congrats on an obviously fun and worthwhile thread! [2thumbsup]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

So how many personalized license plates does everyone see on a daily basis where you think "Nah, that one's not funny enough to post in the thread"?

Lots!!

Santa,

N2MEUC I read as In to me you see. :)

One that plauged my brain for a while was

IDECOR8

I decorate

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Thanks Dave. I was wondering if this was the longest thread in this forum. Let's see if we can top 300!!!

I, too, was marveling at the length and longevity (3+ months and counting) of this thread.

As seen in lunchtime traffic today:
XKV8R
On an Excavation Company truck.

Occasionally in my company parking lot:
GRUMPO (Hopefully an affectionate nickname.)

Previously owned by me:

BKSCR (On a Harley motorcycle)
Remembering 'BOXCAR', the 2nd B-29 to drop an atomic bomb.

1X9K6E4
On a 1964 Jaguar XKE -- read alternate letters & numbers.

I gave rjoubert a star for the link to that license plate site.
It is awesome, and very entertaining.

~

I've often thought about what I would put on a vanity plate. Not that I would actually do it...to me, it's not really worth the extra cost. But I think I would go with something like this...

HUSRDDY

There's no need for me to put a spoiler, I'm sure you'll all be able to get it from my two hints...

HINT #1: I now live in Indiana
HINT #2: I became a father about 14 months ago

I use this moniker (fully spelled out) as my fantasy football team name.

The main actual support forum I use on tek-tips is the Delphi forum.
We have a regular poster (although I do not recall seeing him in the past couple weeks) there who uses 'whosrdaddy' as his handle.

License plate of the morning, no clue what it means:
SCHMECK

~

One of my regular opponents in my fantasy football league has used WhosURDaddy as his team name. When I started using HoosierDaddy, he changed his to ImURDaddy.

I'm amaused that this is seen as a long thread. In one non-tech forum where I hang out (not here), we have a thread that has several million messages and several with over 10000 messages. Those threads have been active since oh 2002 I think and still going strong.

"NOTHING is more important in a database than integrity." ESquared

<off-topic>Well, us tech folk tend to get bored easily. Which is why we keep coming out with Windows 3, Win95,...,Win7 and Apple I, Apple II, ...,iPhone G3, etc., etc., etc.</off-topic>
;-)

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Saw a black grand prix on the way home yesterday with BLK3FAN.
I can understand the black fan part, being a black car, but not the 3. Any ideas? (unless maybe it was a 2003 model year, but that is as close as I can come up with anything)

~

The judge should sentence her to a mandatory license plate change to "STOOPID"

[hammer]

Maybe her problem is that the judge had already sentenced her to having "TROUBLE" on her plates!

One of my co-workers has
IV LEEG

I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with four legged critters and everything to do with where she went to college.

"NOTHING is more important in a database than integrity." ESquared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back