Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity plates 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoubert

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I was driving behind a Honda this morning with a very clever vanity plate. It had the letters LI, followed by the cent symbol, then finished with PL8.

Have you seen any creative vanity plates lately?

Seen on a Jaguar: XPNSV

I've also seen a chopped, lowered, ultra customized pickup truck with "STOLEN".

There was also a Corvette on 90210 that had a vanity plate of I8A4RE (I ate a Ferrari).

There was also a Corvette on 90210 that had a vanity plate of I8A4RE (I ate a Ferrari).

As a Corvette fan...I LOVE IT!!! [auto]

Must not have been the F50. I love that car, far more than any corvette. [lickface]

More on topic. Saw a honda civic on the way home yesterday with WANNER, although I have no clue what it is meant to be.

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Haven't seen it specifically... but I am sure someone, has thought of and used this one.

IMYY4U -- "I Am Too Wise For You" or just "YY4U"

And from the web:
TOOFDR -- on a Dentists car
HYRTHNU -- on a Lifted 4x4
CRE8IV
IW84NO1
XQZMOI (en Francais? lol)
IKNEADU -- Massage Therapist

Mike

Way home yesterday, saw a college Michigan plate (has the blue M in yellow box on left side) that was just ARK. Wonder who drives that SUV.

~

OK here's an old one but still valid:

"following a late model volkswagon with plates of ML8ML8."

What color was the car?

[white] OMNI Magazine (I miss that magazine) around 1983 [/white]

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

OOPS..."White rabbit" isn't a color, is it? How about WHITE?

I remembered a couple others from my childhood summers in Ocean City, NJ. There was a dentist with vanity plates on both his Mercedes. One was 2TH AKE and the other 2TH FIX. This was back in the days when you could only have 6 characters on an NJ license plate.

rjoubert
Since I blew the hint box programming Yes. like I said an oldie.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I saw these recently: L8RG8R, ICUCME, ICUDOC, BIGCHZ.

Saw
LV2FLY
on an old early 90's Saturn.

~

SQL sister....you from Colorado by chance?

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

My sister needs: CGRLUP She likes country dancin'.
Careful, that could be mistaken for a perversion. (I have no idea what you mean, though.)

Hmm,I have a car, it takes me from place to place, it has a registration, I pay that... why would I want to pay extra to make a (mostly) stupid statement. IT'S JUST A CAR.

Last time I visited Oz, they had a different name for such plates, it began with W and was not subtle.

Rosie
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." Richard Feynman

My license plate is a statement of love to my wife. She doesn't think it's stupid. That makes it worth the extra $30 or $35 a year to me.

ESquared - So what does your license plate say? Or is it too personal to reveal in this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back