Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity plates 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjoubert

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I was driving behind a Honda this morning with a very clever vanity plate. It had the letters LI, followed by the cent symbol, then finished with PL8.

Have you seen any creative vanity plates lately?

Great link, Sambones!

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Saw this plate on a farmer's truck at a local farmer's market years ago, he was selling eggs:

FUNEXIDO

Re: FENRY -
Fenry Honda/Henry Fonda

Da mihi sis crustum Etruscum cum omnibus in eo.

Seen on the way into work a few weeks ago:

And, yes, she was blonde.

< M!ke >
[small]First Rule of Holes: When you're in one, stop digging.[/small]

My vanity plates:

'02 Harley-Davidson: NOFUN My standard reply to queries is "Yep, serious as a heart attack."

'92 Dodge Stealth: CRM 114 Not only is this a vanity plate using the same schema [3 letters/3 numbers] as a standard plate, it's a movie trivia answer. Can you name three movies it has appeared in?

Wish you could have more letters.
I want: No, YOU are NOT NASCAR Grade.
Guess it could be a sticker.
My sister needs: CGRLUP She likes country dancin'.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

SamBones,

I was all excited about acme.com - I thought I was finally going to be able to get some rocket-propelled roller skates and a portable hole. Alas, I was disappointed. [sad]

It's a cool site and I bookmarked it, but I still want my Acme Spring-Powered Shoes!

While looking for info for this post, I came across this little gem and I just have to share:

Wile E. Coyote v. Acme Company

My favorite part: "Indeed, it is safe to say that not once has an explosive purchased of Defendant by Mr. Coyote performed in an expected manner."

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Not too far from my house is a mercedes convertible that has the delightful vanity plate of LISA BJ. Always makes me wonder - are those her initials or is it a form of advertising? [smile]

Geraint

The lights are on but nobody's home, my elevator doesn't go to the top. I'm not playing with a full deck, I've lost my marbles. Barenaked Ladies - Crazy

Years ago, there was a Datsun 280Z that has the plate ZEHICLE.

I saw a WV Beetle one day with a plate of Y2KBUG. I presume it was a model year 2000 Beetle

"NOTHING is more important in a database than integrity." ESquared

There have been numerous stories about motorists who regretted their choice of personalized plates such as NONE, NOPLATE, and so forth.

Seems that every time an unregistered vehicle gets a parking citation, it's entered in the system using one of these, and the owner has to wade through a Byzantine layer of red tape to get the charges taken off his/her record.

I recall an executive at "BYTE Magazine" was rejected for his plate request, "BYTE ME".

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

All of our cars have vanity plates.

My car is MS DBA (Microsoft DBA)
My motorcycle is mrdenny

When I worked at Earthlink, a unix admin's car had the license plate REBOOT.

The other tower in the office buildings I work in hosts one of the root DNS servers. There is a car with the plate "1 DNS 1". I wonder what system he works on.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

SQLSister said:
I saw a WV Beetle one day with a plate of Y2KBUG. I presume it was a model year 2000 Beetle.

I know someone with a New Beetle that has SPLAT.

I've seen a VW with /dev/gti
:)

Chip H.

My husband, a maintenance supervisor, had a vanity license: fixit4u.

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant Developer/Analyst Oracle, Forms, Reports & PL/SQL (Windows)
My website: www.EmuProductsPlus.com

I have a 1st generation Prius - a gas/electric hybrid.

My license plate is: VLT WGN

On more than one occasion I've had confused readers point out that my car is not a Volkswagon.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Is it too late to add an 'O' to it, to make VOLTWGN?
I think the state will let you have 7 letters.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back