Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates VI ("Six"...not "vi" <grin>) 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
Well, it's that time again...Our previous thread1256-1544876 is well over 100 posts, so I'm going to Pirate the old into a new thread:

licenseplatefun01.jpg

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Hi,
This Z owner either was named Dodge, was confused about his car brand or wanted folks to avoid hitting him:

DODGEZ

Or maybe from Dodge City KS.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I saw these on my drive home yesterday...
TRY GZUS - ???
CW04 USA - Possibly the letter "O" in there and not a zero. If that's the case, this car could belong to a US Army Chief Warrant Officer level 4.

==>TRY GZUS
[hide]Try Jesus[/hide]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

>This Z owner either was named Dodge, was confused about his car brand or wanted folks to avoid hitting him:

I believe (could be wrong) the Z was built in the old Dodge plant that closed in the late 90's...

On a small sports car, neither new nor expensive:

LVTHEDRM

GS

[Green]******^*******
[small]I[/small] [small]Hate[/small] [♥] [small]Ambiguity.[/small][/green]

Hi,
Could it be a record company exec who really loves Digital Rights Management?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I would think that LVTHEDRM meant something along the lines of "Live the dream".

On a college vanity plate with N.C. State's logo: ST8EE

I get the "state" part but I'm not sure about the EE.

GS

[Green]******^*******

Maybe an Electrical Engineer for the State? Dunno.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

I get the "state" part but I'm not sure about the EE.

I'm gonna guess it is similar to townspeople calling themselves "townies" - this person was a Statee. Native born and bred.

As for the CWO4 USA one, my Grandpa is a reitred Air Force CWO - I'll ask him if he knows of a specific meaning...
But I figured it was CWO for the USA.

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

my Grandpa is a reitred Air Force CWO

That's been a while. The last active duty Warrant Officer left in 1980.

Chip H.

GSCaupling said:

NC State is well known for their engineering programs. It seems clear to me that this is an EE (probably Electrical Engineer or possibly Environment Engineer) who goes to or went to NC State.

[tt][blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

I think anotherhiggins and SantaMufasa are probably right about EE being about engineering, although Lee's idea is entirely plausible. Thanks.

GS

[Green]******^*******

Yup - Grandpa turns 88 this year. Still driving around in his Chevy Avalanche pulling his 35 foot Airstream trailer.

Not as much as he used to because loading that thing up for a trip is pretty exhausting.

He doesn't let Grandma drive any more though. ;-)

And to stay on topic, his plates read REGION3 because that is the Airstream club region he is in and also, after retiring from the Airforce, he was the regional director for the State Dept of Education. Region 3.

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

I've saved a few up that I've seen over the past few weeks. Here they are:

APLS R US
DUHAIR
HUMNBRD
HAPP E
BEAR HGS
R BIG TOY
INKSPOT
WILYUMS
DAN 1ST (his first car, but often misread because of his aggressive driving style)
ROCKN ON
MOHRMNY
Possibly a play on a last name; Mohr? More Money?
DA BEAR 1 (Chicago Bears stickers all over the vehicle)
CMA MAN 1
MY4SONZ
BAKED4U (a bakery van)
1DER WMN
COFEE N T
6 EMO NDS (???)
WEZL GRL

Saw at lunch today...

PACKETS

I'm guessing he works in networking.

Status
Not open for further replies.