Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates V 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
At well over 100 posts in thread1256-1530355, it's probably time for yet another thread in the apparently Waaay Popular Vanity Plates series.

Here's a rather scary one:

scarylicenseplate.jpg"

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Taco Bell? Your talking about Police codes, would that not be boosting the local economy at Duncan donuts or Krispy Kreme?

Bad cop! NO donut for you!

What I can only think of as initials:

Q J B

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

I just saw this one on a new Dodge Charger...
GOLFBAG - IMO, that's a lot of money to spend on a golf bag...unless your first name is Tiger.

Today on a new minivan: WAKE LAW

Two possible meanings: Raleigh, NC, is in Wake County, so maybe they practice here. Or, North Carolina has a college named Wake Forest that has law school - maybe they're a student (or a [smarty]).

GS

[red]******^*******
[small]I[/small] [♥] [small]Love Redundancy[/small][/red]

To give you and idea of how rural an area I live in, one of the lawyers in town drives an old pick-up. His plate reads SH LAW

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

I saw two earlier today...
BSH HOG - On a motorcycle
HOG NUTS - On a Ford pickup truck

Another 350Z:

ZMACHINE

Chip H.

Speaking of "Z" cars (240Z, 260Z ... 350Z, 370Z), I was once eating breakfast at a restaurant with my family. When we came out, there was apparently some kind of Z car club rendezvousing there. While looking over some of the cars, I noticed that almost every car had some kind of personalized plate with at least one Z in it. Some very clever. I'm just sorry I can't remember any of them right now.

A couple new ones.
GTTARUN
SHNAHAN
MTS

And the last one had nothing on the car indicating it was for the Mets at all. They happen to be a old high school buddy's initials. He was not driving the car however.

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

I took this picture this weekend while I was up in Maryland for a concert:

mailgooglecom9966827.jpg

I had a pretty good laugh at that one. Couldn't believe they got it past the censors.

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

I just got back from a long road trip (Indianapolis round trip to upstate NY), and saw quite a few plates along the way.

1-MINIME
BK WYRM
BALDTO
STEPHNS
HINES
RITZ 01
GT 99 - On a Mustang GT...I'm guessing a 1999.
CED CMU
M WYZMN
4 MARA
BLK PERL - This was NOT on a black car.
KMANSEL
ARESEA
6PLTS
KE CARGO
SNRKY BB
LAB RTVR
WE MSU
LADYDI
SPIRIT 7
SHLDRBUG
PADIV1
2GET2U
DAMBRO
NVRSETL
PAS KAR
WANDERER
LRN2POSE - On a horse trailer.
ADK WEB - On the truck towing the aforementioned horse trailer.
REDSVET
SQUEAT
LUV2RV - On a SUV being towed by a RV.
LUVTORV - On the RV towing the SUV above.
SNZ U LUZ
MAMA F
CANOER

I saw

SAIDAR

I had a laugh because I've been rereading the Wheel of Time series and so got it right away, but most people outhere would have no clue what it means.

"NOTHING is more important in a database than integrity." ESquared

For those of us less-read ones, please enlighten us, Sister.

[santa]Mufasa
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Wheel of Time is one of my absolute favorite series of book series. I would have given that driver a big thumbs up!
:)

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

RJoubert said:
SAIDAR is the female half of the One Power in the Wheel of Time series
Very unlike my house where The One Power is 100% female. <grin>

[santa]Mufasa

Today on a black Lexus SUV: ATTHYWRD

GS

[red]******^*******
[small]I[/small] [small]Love[/small] [&hearts;] [small]Redundancy.[/small][/red]

<off-topic>
Very unlike my house where The One Power is 100% female. <grin>
That's actually the premise of the series. Something happened a long time ago so that the male side of the power became corrupt so any male who "embraces" the power goes mad. The women then hunt them down so there is no male side of the power until . . .

I really liked the series until there were so many characters that I lost track of who was who. One book left to go and the author is deceased. That's two problems with long series.
</off-topic>

I saw this one on a yellow VW Bug: BUGLYTR

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back