Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates V 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
At well over 100 posts in thread1256-1530355, it's probably time for yet another thread in the apparently Waaay Popular Vanity Plates series.

Here's a rather scary one:

scarylicenseplate.jpg"

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

I saw DOOMED once, I stayed away from that car.

ANd then there was the day I saw
DOMN8 (And yes there was a bumber sticker that indicated that this was a sexual referance)

"NOTHING is more important in a database than integrity." ESquared

Saw one that made me laugh on a rather sporty black .. something car.

SHARKBT (oh ha ha)

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

Saw this over the weekend. See if you can guess the make of car and where I saw it...

MALIBMW

Well, I'd guess a BMW in Malibu is more likely that one in Mali... [bigsmile]

GS

[small][navy]**********************^*********************
I always know where people are going to sit. I'm chairvoyant.[/navy][/small]

Yay GS.
For guessing right, I baked you a cookie .. but I eated it =(

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

I apologize, I meant to include this link in the last post (it just happens to be the first one google came across with my search terms)
I made you a cookie

~

Custom Mitsubishi 3000GT: ONLYQNE
Why the "Q", I don't know. Did not see the driver.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Michael said:
ONLYQNE
Why the "Q", I don't know. Did not see the driver.
Frankly, the "Q" was unrelated to either car or driver...It was because the combination ONLYONE already resided on someone else's vehicle, therefore, Mitsubishi Man chose alternate lettering that visually approximated what he wanted.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

I saw one recently that stated

50CL0C

But above and below the license plate was a nice frame

---------------------

My dad has:

AKQJJ

He plays a lot of cards. And he lives in WI so the letters are red.

blister911 said:

A busted straight draw and a pair of Jacks (no flush since there are two red Jacks). Is there a reason he didn't give himself a better hand? It is his car after all. A pair of Jacks isn't too bad, but far from "the nuts".

(Can you guess who else plays "a lot of cards"?)

@ blister911:
[hide]I'm confused. Wouldn't that just be a pair? AKQJ10, on the other hand.... That would really be something.[/hide]

Today I saw
[tab]1PHAT99
I'm thinking that maybe the red Mustang it was on was a 1999 model year, but I can't say for sure.

Or maybe "99" a colloquialism or euphemism that I don't know.

[tt][blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

AKQJJ Answer:
Euchre; a perfect loner if you get to bid it. JJAKQ was already taken.

That would be a perfect hand for Euchre, until I call Spades as trump =P
Coming from Michigan we are big fans of Euchre as well.
Although lately I have been on a Texas Hold Em binge.

~

SamBones,
We play a variety of different card games, but Euchre will always be his favorite.

Opieo,
Yeah that's the worst. Sitting with a loner and the opposite color gets called, or even worse called by your partner. That's why I put "if you get to bid it".

I read the Wikipedia page on Euchre and have NO IDEA how the game is played. I'm sure it would be clear if I sat down to play it with some people that knew the game, but it seemed pretty confusing to me.

But deal some Poker and I'm there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back