Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Ok...to continue in a new thread...

PHEWISH

Anyone have ideas on this one?
I think it's "Pfff...You wish!"
It's probably on an expensive car...

--Jim

No air-conditioning! Or it runs on bio-fuel!

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

A few people who are Jewish? [ponder]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Not 100% sure on this one, but just saw it while out for lunch:

It was on an 80s or 90s model Mercedes convertible, and I think I remember it was dark blue... top was a faded black, maybe...

My only guess would be something like:
My $4,000 Benz

It's probably a silly guess.

--

Saw CLOSEUP this morning.
Saw it pretty close up too (construction ftw).

PHEWISH I think was on an expensive car. Not sure though, it was last week and with an 8 hour drive one way, I saw a lot of cars.

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

8 hour drive one way
Is this a weekly or daily drive? Man that's a long drive!

--

Heh.
It is a drive once a year to visit a friend.

~

Oh, whew!

I was about to say, man I hope the job's worth it! [ROFL2]

--

Saw two more on the way home today.

SPL BRAT This plate was misplaced, in my opinion. First, it was on a Chrysler Sebring...not exactly a high-priced vehicle you would expect a spoiled brat to be driving. Second, it was parked at a Steak and Shake...for those of you who have been to a Steak and Shake will know that it's not the most fancy restaurant around. Then again, they were from out-of-state, so maybe they didn't know.

NEST4U This was on a Lexus. Something to do with a nest egg, perhaps? Thoughts?

As to the reference for Stake and Shake, there were some fairly well-to-do, or at lest high-paid persons who worked with my wife once who went to Steak and Shake all the time.

But frankly, in my opinion, I've NO IDEA why they did. I think it's SUPPOSED to be sort of a high-falutin fast-food spot in a way, but again, I don't know why. The food is well below McD's standards IMHO. [smile]

--

If they got the Sebring for free, and it is a new one, not a few years old & used, then I would still consider them spoiled.
Half of my friends considered me spoiled because I got a 7 year old hand me down vehicle given to me.

~

Good point, there, Opieo. I'd say that it would depend upon the age of the person, and how they got the car, as to how fitting it could be. [wink]

--

While at lunch today:

TTABOOT

[ponder]
Phish has Llama, Taboot Taboot

Or perhaps they work with they are opposed to the Triangle Transit Authority (TTA - our mass-transit (read busses) in the area)

Or they put boots on cars

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

I saw one on the way to work on an beat-up old Chevy Impala (or something similar): ISUEM.

My thoughts on this, he/she likes to bring lawsuits but his/her lawyer gets all the money or he/she's a bad lawyer who doesn't win many lawsuits.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

@higgins
The ABOOT part just makes me think of Canadians. However, that would leave me with nothing for TT. No clue.

Saw [blue]TRTLPTL[/blue] this morning.
I would guess that the first part is for TuRTLe, but I can come up with nothing for PTL if it is.

~

Saw this one the other day. The license was LOSTFAN. And to top it off, it had a custom license plate frame that was "4 8 15 16 23 42".

Being a fan of the show myself, I loved seeing this.

Okay, I assume it has something to do with the show Lost, but having seen 0 episodes so far, I am Lost as to the meaning. =)

~

Opieo,

It's a number sequence that reappears frequently throughout the show.

Opieo said:
Saw TRTLPTL this morning.
I would guess that the first part is for TuRTLe, but I can come up with nothing for PTL if it is.

TuRTLe PaTroL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back