Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vanity Plates 15 !!! 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
Holy smokes...we are still going strong on our obsession with license plates/tags as we are well over 1,500 posts on this topic. Again, I'm starting this new thread to reduce load times since the previous "Vanity Plates..." thread has reached over 100 posts yet again.

Here is my thread starter from my typically straight-laced and up-tight Utah:

Code:
,==================================,
|                                  |
|               4HORS              |
|                                  |
'=================================='

I'm certain that it reads this way because they just couldn't fit "d'oevre" on the rest of the plate due to the 7-character maximum, right?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Saw over the weekend so I hope I get it right:

LV MY WIFE

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

Maybe it's an advert [ponder] or possibly a plea.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

... or a threat “Leave my wife alone, or else ...” [cannon]

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Here's one I just saw that's not a personalized plate, yet has an interestingly repetitive pattern.

[tt]6ZBB788[/tt]

In Louisiana:
ONDABYU

-- Francis
Francisus ego, sed non sum papa.

Francis,

Might not that plate be Spanish for "Do the Wave, BYU"? <grin>

[santa]Mufasa
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

SantaMufasa said:
Might not that plate be Spanish for "Do the Wave, BYU"? <grin>
If it were a Utah plate[bigsmile].

-- Francis
Francisus ego, sed non sum papa.

Santamufasa...hi...I saw that you helped someone name their jewelry business. I thought it was extremely creative...could you help me too? Same offer goes...If you find the perfect name I will also send you a piece of my jewelry.

Is the ‘family jewels’ taken... ? :)

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you want to solicit names for you jewelry business, I suggest you start your own thread, unless your jewelry consists of vanity license plates.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read
FAQ181-2886
Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Yes, Marcy...many of us in this forum would be delighted to help name a business. As Cajun said, start a new thread with the salient qualities and objective of your business, and the suggestions will come flooding in.

[santa]Mufasa

For those of an age.

GROVIN

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

djj said:
For those of an age.

GROVIN

Those of us who are "of an age" know that what we did was GROOVIN <grin>. For us to be GROVIN, we'd need to find a bunch of trees. <another grin>

[santa]Mufasa

My favorite part of the link in SamBones post above... and so appropriate to this forum...

"NJ MVC took my BIOCH plates." ... "It's a plate. It's not a word really. It's made up, and if you want to get technical, it's spelled b-i-o-t-c-h."

Gotta love New Joisey

Saw this recently on a Mustang...

[tt]EV[/tt]

Short and sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back