Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using *67/*69

Status
Not open for further replies.

bina14

ISP
Jun 25, 2003
US
Is there a way to program the IP Office to allow a user to dial *67 on a particular call to block caller ID?

We have to dial 9 to get a secondary dial tone - don't know what to do beyond that.

Thanks!

Bina

Hi Bina

Just create a system short code or if this is just for one user only create a user short code. Also if this is for a particle phone number you again can create a short code that will automatically insert the *67 in front of the number.

I hope this helps.

What short code are you using? I've tried various - I must be missing something silly.

However, I am relieved to hear that this is possible!

Thanks

I change short code: ?/./0/Dial/<blank> to ?/.S501001/0/Dial/<blank> where 501001 is the main published number (i.e. so the extensions do not present out their number).

Reading the manual, it does say that if the short code of: 9N/*67N/0/Dial/<blank> will block caller ID. This won't work in the UK (over here we dial 141) therefore the correct short code would be: 9N/141N/0/Dial/<blank> and this would stop all calls from presenting CLI.

You can create two short codes, the first to present the main number (used if people don't dial '9') and the second to withhold the CLI for people that do dial '9':

?/.S501001/0/Dial/<blank>
9N/141N/0/Dial/<blank>

Obviously the above are UK centric. Hope this helps,

J

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I had tried the manuals option - and it didn't work. But,I am not currently using the ? short code - I will try that.

Thanks.

alternatively use the character W at the end on the telephoen number field to withold CLI rather that the 141 prefix ie
short code 9N
telephone number NW
feature Dial

W= withold CLI, S= Specify CLI
check the help files for a list of all the characters recognised by short codes

Well, I tried the W (withhold) and it half worked. It no longer sent my full number, however, it is not sending through my extension number. My Cell phone (that I used for testing) displayed my extension (264) when I called it. Go figure. One step in the right direction though!
;-) Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back