Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unanswered Calls in ACD, Overflow Forward to External Number, How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM400Guy

Technical User
May 31, 2008
US
We have a Small call center ACD with 3-7 agents and 2 skillsets And need a way to program calls from skillsets when no agents are logged in or available to forward to an external number which is a live person answering service. We also want to forward the Operater DN also when no one is available to external answering service number. We are using auto attendant to answer targets and direct to 2 skillsets through ACD. We also want directly dialed extensions to have the option for callers to leave voice mail. Can anyone help or suggest a way to set this up?

Configuring Overflows
Overflows are used in situations where Agents are not logged in to a Skillset,
and/or a call has been waiting in the Queue for an excessive time.
When Intelligent Overflow Routing determines that a condition is met for the
call, the call goes to the destination you specify.
Possible actions are:
? Moving the call to a new skillset: The caller hears the greetings for the
new skillset.
? Overflowing the call to one or more skillsets: The caller continues to
hear the greetings from the original skillset.
? Sending the call to the skillset mailbox.
? Transferring the call to an extension, external number,mailbox,
Automated Attendant, CCR Tree or operator.
? Changing the priority of the call. The default priority is 10.
Overflow rules can apply at different times of the day defined by which setting is selected in the Service Mode list box.
Note: Each Overflow Rule has to be created and submitted individually.

1. Open CallPilot Manager.
2. Click the Contact Center heading.
3. Click the Skillset List link. The Skillset List page appears
4. Click the Overflow link for the Skillset you want to add Intelligent Overflow Routing to.

5. The Overflow Rule Table page appears with the default overflow
Rule1 displayed. (Skillset Mailbox). If this default overflow rule is not required it can be deleted. To add a new rule, click the Insert link

6. From the Action options, select one of the following destinations:

in your case use

To transfer the call to an external number:
i) Select Transfer to External
ii) Enter the external number
iii) From the Outdial list box select Line, Pool or Route
iv) If you select Line or Pool, enter the line or line pool number
(Pool A = 1 B = 2 etc).

7. Select the Timer check box if you want Intelligent Overflow Routing to time how long the call waits, and enter the time that a call waits in the Skillset before it goes to the destination that you specify.

8. Select the Agents Not Logged In check box if you want Intelligent Overflow Routing to check whether there are Agents logged on to the Skillset, or do not select the Agents Not Logged In check box and Intelligent Overflow Routing does not check to see if Agents are logged on to the Skillset.

Hope this helps

Snowman50 Thank you for the post. Very detailed and this is exactly what I want to do. I have been trying to setup the overflow this way and have had no luck so far. my PRI spans Lines 091-113 When calling in on 91 I select skillset 1 for sales and I programmed to pickup line 113 for external call to 5554567890 bcm monitor shows call being picked up but all I hear is a dialtone and then rapid busy. I checked the class of service and changed them all to allow redirect and still no luck. Could this be a routing issue? What am I missing?

you need to tell your outbound call to use routing, then put the number in as you dail it form the phone, example 9+number

My choices are Line - Pool or Route. When I select line I put in my least busy line which is 113 on my PRI. In BCM monitor I can see line being picked up but all I get is a dialtone then rapid busy. When I select Pool I choose A which is my PRI now line 91 flashes rapidly between trying to hold the call and dial out from the same line to itself back to 91 like an endless loop. Very Weird. Route choice does not let me do anything because of syntax. I have three routes which have been setup previously 000 - 001 and 002 which neither choice can be accepted without an error. I feel like I am really close but I just can't wrap my head around this one. Any suggestions will be welcomed. BombOne any info on how to build the route properly to make this work?

choose route, don't put in a route number, then put in the phone number as you would dial it. is will select the route based on the number dialed,

Do as bombone says
You will be using a route to dial out
Therefore you must enter the route followed by number
Eg: 9 xxxxxxxx

I did what you guys said. works exactly like you suggest. I am still having difficulty getting the system to dial out. Using route option it picks up the line but dial tone only. BCM monitor shows digits, but won't dial. I have an another issue with the system that might be causing this problem. I have 1 DID that does not work properly. 2600 will answer 1st call and then drop every concurrent call there after. I removed the digits from service but if you dial XXX XXX-2600 it will ring at operator's station ext 201? I am of the mind that this somehow is affecting the routing issue. Please feel free to prove me wrong. Any suggestions will be welcomed and greatly appreciated. FYI I have called telco several times and no luck from that side regarding the 2600 issue. This problem needs to get resolved badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back