Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off emails 5

Foxtrotter

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2011
US
How do I turn off emails from this new forum? I have gone to my profile and unselected everything in there under email options and preferences.

Now this one I want to watch and be alerted on because this is driving me insane!!!!!!!!

I've also been plagued by unwanted email notifications, even after un-ticking all the relevant options in my profile.

I stumbled on a solution by accident:

Go to Watch / Watch Forums. Click Managed Watched Forms (on the right-hand side of the page). You will see an option to disable email notifications.

I found that yesterday, and so far it seems to be working.

Mike

Actually, Don, I meant "Manage watched forums". It's possible that there is a similar option for watched threads, but I haven't checked that.

Mike

Last edited:
Click on your account tab (upper right side of page) select 'Preferences' deselect email options.

Click on your account tab (upper right side of page) select 'Preferences' deselect email options.

Yes, that will get rid of most of the notifications. But you still need to use "Manage watched forums" to stop being notified when someone starts a new thread in any of the forums on your watch list (at least, that's what I found).

Mike

To turn off notifications for forums you are following go into watched forum https://www.tek-tips.com/watched/forums, select the managed watched forums in the top right and select Disable email notifications. This will turn off notifications for all watched forums. If you want to activate specific forums check the box on the forums you want to activate and scroll down to bottom

If you want to activate specific forums check the box on the forums you want to activate and scroll down to bottom and select enable. Not sure why the top and the bottom are different :confused:
Bottom

I followed the tip but it didn't work. BUT with the next mail I got, I looked a little more careful. Although the colours are very pale, I discovered that it had a "disable emails" link at the bottom. THAT worked (so far) 😂

Have just applied the instructions from Jon as posted on Sunday to see if it works.

If anyone sees this please add a post.

Last edited:

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back