Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too Much Time at Tek-Tips 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJavaJoe

Programmer
Oct 3, 2002
US
I sometimes find myself spending more time reading threads and researching others questions than I do working on my own projects. I'm guessing that most of you have found yourself in the same boat at times, you run across an interesting thread and 2 hours later you are wrapping up a new function or process that may be great but has contributed nothing to your current project. Obviously it's not all bad I become a better programmer every day because of TT, which benefits my employer, but how fair is that. In my own defense I do spend a considerable amount of time at home working on my employers project, by choice not by necessity. I'm considering looking for a TTA meeting, Tek-Tips Anonymous, because this site is truly addictive:). Anyway I just wanted to get feedback from other Tek-Tips-oholics and see where you stand on the issue, are you guys and gals honestly spending too much time here. If you do I can't blame you, this is the best technical forum on the web, Thanks Tek-Tips Management.

That's exactly what I meant...

Who cares about Sports, when one can watch great Movies or even better type ones heart away at Tek-Tips...

oh, btw I tried living without Tek-Tips, Coffee, and Cigarettes... Sigh, it was the hardest 10 min of my life...

Ben

Just say NO! [bigsmile]

Seriously, yes, I was guilty of this long ago, but I am no longer in my assignment where half of my job was finding out solutions to unique problems. I am now in a position where I have next to no time to spend reading TT. I guess I have been broken of my addition.

Lack of time and a major influx of ingrates really pushed me away from spending MY time trying to help others only to fix thier problem only to never even get a thanks from them.

Cheers!

What's a superbowl? Something to do with large rounded out computer?

Glen A. Johnson
"Give the laziest man the hardest job and he'll find the easiest way to do it."

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back