Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tn rings but no dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstoll

Technical User
Apr 13, 2009
US
I installed a new analog card added a dn then enabled the card then programed in two more DNS with my butt set connetted to the TN I can call the dn and here the butt set ring but I have no dial tone it is on an option 61c

Yes I can answer it well atleast it stops ringing but I can not talk I have no Blow by on it

I'm thinking you may have a wiring problem, something is definitely screwed up.

Thats good and bad The good part is that I am not a total Dumba$$ the bad part is I may be out of TNs and they keep creathng jobs that need telephones. It wouldnt be that bad if they were hiring new people for these jobs buit the are just pulling people of shift and giving them 5 and 2 jobs and making up jobs for them

I would go to the tn block and clip a test set on it. Go of hook and try to make a call. If it is successful or not really doesn't matter, because you want to do a trac 4 1 7 5 dev and see what that looks like.

.trac 4 1 7 5 dev

IDLE TN 004 1 07 05

If it were me I would get a 25 pair cable and plug it in to the superloop i/o on letter H. Strip it back and clip on red/blue and see what happens. H is card 7 and red/blue is port 5.

You might have 2 pair split like the tip of one on the tip of another. But maybe you said already that none of the tns on the card work?

I thought the same thing so I double checked and everything is right but yes no mater what tn I try on that card or the other two I installed I still do not get Dial tone.

Card 7 is working fine it is card 2, 3, 4 That are giving me the problem.

Is there talk battery on the leads, Can you generate DTMF with test set when off hook

I thought the trouble was with 4 1 7 5. So you need to do the trac on a tn on the card that is not working. Not trying to be a smartass but you do have an nt8d09 slotted?

I figured that and I got the same thing Idle TN and yes I have the right card in But you are not being a smartass sometimes things that simple can be the problem

When you said the TN rings what type of ringer did the phone have.
If it is a electronic ringer then find a phone with a old fashion mechanical ringer and see if that rings on the TN

No I have not been able to get back on it we had an inmate escape Friday night (he has been caught) but I have been envoled i n the investacation I hope I will be able to check on it today some time.

Go in to LD 22 and do an SLT - check your analog licenses.

Some dummy questions - but have to ask.

Have you tried other TN's on the card? Are they all bad?

Do the cards work elsewhere - in other words, pull a known working card out, put in one of the new ones, and test. Does the known working card work in the S L C that you're trying to install phones on?

Is there anything connected to the card's wiring block that may be injecting voltage, signals, etc...? In other words, you're sure there's nothing punched down to the card's wiring block correct?

Are there signs of damage on the card? Burned out components or solder traces?

If it's just that one TN - check the wiring between the PBX and the wiring block. A bad or loose punchdown will give you ringing in your buttset, but no dialtone/DTMF or battery.

You should have around -52 to -48 VDC across the TN terminals when the phone is on-hook.

Are you 100% sure it's punched down correctly? Tip to tip, ring to ring - on the TN in particular... not across two TN's?

>ld 22
PT2000

REQ slt
ANALOGUE TELEPHONES 704 LEFT 88 USED 616
CLASS TELEPHONES 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
DIGITAL TELEPHONES 40 LEFT 31 USED 9
DECT USERS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
IP USERS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
BASIC IP USERS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
DECT VISITOR USER 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
ACD AGENTS 10 LEFT 10 USED 0

PCA 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
ITG ISDN TRUNKS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
H.323 ACCESS PORTS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
AST 1 LEFT 1 USED 0
RAN CON 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
MUS CON 0 LEFT 0 USED 0

TNS 32760 LEFT 32060 USED 700
ACDN 24000 LEFT 23991 USED 9
AML 16 LEFT 15 USED 1
IDLE_SET_DISPLAY NORTEL
LTID 32760 LEFT 32760 USED 0
RAN RTE 512 LEFT 512 USED 0
ATTENDANT CONSOLES 32760 LEFT 32759 USED 1
BRI DSL 10000 LEFT 10000 USED 0
DATA PORTS 32760 LEFT 32760 USED 0
PHANTOM PORTS 32760 LEFT 32758 USED 2
SIP ACCESS PORTS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
TRADITIONAL TRUNKS 32760 LEFT 32715 USED 45
DCH 255 LEFT 255 USED 0

OK - you're all set on licensing. Let me know how the other suggestions turn out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back