Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Never Ending Story 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaughma

IS-IT--Management
Staff member
Nov 21, 2003
US
These have always been fun... here's how it works.

I will start a story... and the next person can write another paragraph, continuing the story. The only rule is this; don't drastically change the premise of the story started. Nothing worse than "The dragon hunter quietly stalked his prey..." and someone else continuing with "Then the stormtroopers arrived...." Bleck. If you wish to start a different story, start it in a new thread.

*** Begin story ***

Matt Sloan thought he had heard and seen it all, until that fateful day when the blonde bombshell burst into his office. "You've got to help me," she said "You're my last hope. My father, the lead scientist for Robotics Design, Inc. has gone missing!"

The tears welled up in her eyes, and I knew just from the tone in her voice that this wouldn't be your "regular" case.....

**** continue... :)

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

- Giant Bee!
Jenny grabbed her skirt and covered her face. There was nothing under her clothes.
- 'transparent robot'? he asked himself...

"...hmm, not sure" he replied. "Why am I talking to myself", he asked.

"Let me ask you one thing before you do whatever it is you do", he pleaded.

"Go on", she said.

"Can you clasp you hands and turn your thumbs in opposite directions?"

"Im not sure", she tried it but her thumbs banged into one another.

"Also, if cows dont have opposing thumbs, can they do that?", he continued.

"Enough", she shouted.

"Enough what", he replied.

"Enough of your petulance", she bellowed.

With that she held up the mysterious drill shaped thingy (darn Ive forgotten what it was already) and...

... suddenly all those "Down Under" memories flooded back - the Outback, the Great "Bare-ier" reef, the sand, the hops, the vintriloquist whose wine could talk, that strange dingo with a sword - ah, the kangaroominations.

Then, realizing she was hungry, she remembered her lovely pear and, oddly, her Brazilian nuts. Only then did...

[blue]_______________________________________________________
"Although many figures are strange, prime numbers are truly odd."
[/blue]

...she notice that the giant bee is attacking her!

"Hahaha... hahaha...", The Maniac laughed wickedly. "Looks like your bug is bugged! Hahaha..."

Little did she know that TheManiac "suffered" from a strange condition that allowed him to project his mental dellusions on those who were near him. This was quite handy in times like this. Still he was strapped down in this uncomfortable chair...

"Free me" he projected mentaly... "Free me"!

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

But there was no freedom to be found. Locked in, he felt suffocated. He began to gasp for air, and sweat--boy did he sweat. In just a few short moments his body was soaked with sweat. The sweat of a thousand prize-fighters rolled down his face, then leapt from his chin like a herd of lemmings. He began to lose weight, he actually began to lose weight. As he thinned and became drenched, he realized he began to get wiggle-room inside the apparatus in which he was trapped. Soon, the wiggle-room became enough that he could free one hand, then the other...

Unfortunately, Jenny still had eyes. She saw what he was up to and....

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

...pulled a small, shiny object resembling a Zippo[sup]TM[/sup] brand cigar lighter from her pocket, and...

v/r

Gooser

Why do today
that which may not need to be done tomorrow [ponder] --me

... gave it a squeeze. It fell from her hand and began to vibrate, thrusting metallic fronds along the floor. Jenny's gleeful, insane cackle was cut short as the forgotten giant bee siezed its opportunity and ...

Tony

began performing an odd lap dance on the Maniac in a thourough search of pollen. After the initial shock wore off the Mania realized it was a rather enjoyable sensation, to reciprocate the Bee's affection he began...

[thumbsup2] Wow, I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before.

..ordering a Blooming Onion at the OutBack.

Leaf it alone, he thought. I'm on borrowed time, here, so I should just leaf it a loan.

Then, for the first time, he really looked at his attacker, the stinging creature of his torment. It was Aunt Bea!

She flipped open the Zippo and said...

[/blue]

It is only through me that you will become like the usually edible reproductive body of a seed plant. You must be fertilized!"

Then, in order to turn him into a fruit, she began to...

...Sing show tunes. [blue]"You are my moonshine, my only moonshine..."[/blue] She turned, but Otis wasn't there.

It was... ZIPPO!

"I am the Lighter," he said, and flamed just to prove it.

"Blast femmy," she thought. ("I'll put a hex on him, Spelling Bea thought to herself.")

"You won't win, Zippo!," she declaired. My granddaughter will be a great woman, a heroine. People will be addicted to her.

After all, she comes from Opie seed.

Then Zippo said...

[/blue]

With all due respect, you are not possibly thinking of... Oh my word, you are!" in his best KITT/George Feeny voice.

Then he began to...

v/r

Gooser

Why do today
that which may not need to be done tomorrow [ponder] --me

...squirt uncontrolably...

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

flammable oil everywhere, in an attempt to thwart Jenny's unquantifiable plan *.

-----
* That's not true : there was one plan. There. Quantified. I meant unqualifiable. Which is not true either, it's horrible.

"That time in Seattle... was a nightmare. I came out of it dead broke, without a house, without anything except a girlfriend and a knowledge of UNIX."
"Well, that's something," Avi says. "Normally those two are mutually exclusive."
-- Neal Stephenson, "Cryptonomicon"

Jenny, what's your number?" he begged.

"867-5309" she said, matter-of-factly.

He cried, "The sum of the digits in your phone number is exactly the age I was when I first..."

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

... realised that immortality was not all that much fun. 6,176 is such an awkward age, not really one of the gods, but too old for most women to be interested in ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back