Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Never Ending Story 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaughma

IS-IT--Management
Staff member
Nov 21, 2003
US
These have always been fun... here's how it works.

I will start a story... and the next person can write another paragraph, continuing the story. The only rule is this; don't drastically change the premise of the story started. Nothing worse than "The dragon hunter quietly stalked his prey..." and someone else continuing with "Then the stormtroopers arrived...." Bleck. If you wish to start a different story, start it in a new thread.

*** Begin story ***

Matt Sloan thought he had heard and seen it all, until that fateful day when the blonde bombshell burst into his office. "You've got to help me," she said "You're my last hope. My father, the lead scientist for Robotics Design, Inc. has gone missing!"

The tears welled up in her eyes, and I knew just from the tone in her voice that this wouldn't be your "regular" case.....

**** continue... :)

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

That's not the sum of the digits, that's the sum of the two parts of my phone number," she sneered mockingly. "The sum of the digits is only 38."

"Oh, well 38 just happens to be the caliber of the gun that mysterious figure behind that dumpster has pointing at your back," he whispered.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

You babbling idiot! That is clearly a .380!" she exclaimed just as two shots rang out, one whizzing past her head, and the other...

...hit her squarely between the eyes.

"Ouch." she says in a rather meek voice, though the bullet merely stopped and fell to the ground when it touched her skin.

"Why use a .380 when the .38 is clearly the more powerful gun?" he shouted to the unknown assailant.

Clearly this was a case of speed v. velocity!

"The .380 may be more precise in the measurement of the caliber than the .38, but I am a far better shot with the .38!" the thug shouted back.

Clearly this was a case of precision v. accuracy!

Meanwhile, the stray bullet had penetrated the wall behind her and ruptured an exposed LPG pipe in the furnace room beyond. The fumes filled the room and were ignited by a spark coming from an ozone-depleting antiquated refrigerator when it's compressor kicked in. The fire quickly consumed the building.

Clearly this was a case of Global Warming!

Just then she screamed out, "I've got to...

... get out of this thread. It's driving me insane! I feel like I'm going to ...

[Cheers]

...scratch my inner thigh." but just then, right before them, the ground began to sink. A massive hole began to form. Suddenly, a blazing yellow steel staircase rose up from the hole. Amelia Earhart was standing on a small platform at the top of the staircase, surrounded by seven yapping chihuahuas.

"I have been hiding out in the Ottawa near the mouth of the Presque Isle," in a voice that belied her years.

Her skin glowed, not in a radioactive way, but in an Oil-of-Olay way. She was radiant, and smashing--especially considering she had just turned 109! Her jodhpurs accentuated her womanly hips, while her aged leather bomber jacket gave her a rough-and-tumble look that made him want to tumble and get rough with her.

"George!" she called out.

"I prefer 'Bush-man'" he said, with a nerdly quiver, right in front of his approximately three-foot cabinet.

Suddenly, the Secretary of Wore quietly told him his suit looked used and hairy, as if he bought them off iraq. "But iran on a pleatform!" Ruff and I had a tumble, that's all!

Then he recalled that evil terrierist, Carlos the Jacket. Leader of the pack, eh? It's always them dame furriners...

Litter did he know, at that moment a sick teen hun dreaded his visit. A shun was planned, until...

[blue]_______________________________________________________
"Although many figures are strange, prime numbers are truly odd."
[/blue]

the clock struck midnight, and his carriage turned into a pumpkin. He called for help from the side of the road, but...

It's a magical time of year in Philadelphia. Eagles training camp marks the end of another brutal season of complaining about the Phillies.

...only the Maniac was there, and he was growing more and more confused, disillusioned by this babble... was another end approaching???

Best Regards,
Scott

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Impossible!" Amelia asserted. "I have been reliably informed that the end is not due for at least another century."

Tracy Dryden

..."Amelia, you're such a drag" says The Maniac. "You are right... is not for another century, but you are sadly mistaken, because Steve Waugh just got a century today..."

And in a poof of logic, they all disappeared.

The end.

Best Regards,
Scott

Well, that story sucked," Matt Sloan said while closing the book and throwing it in the pile of other read books.

"Which one?" asked Jenny.
"Oh, I don't know, the one about the bee and the zippo and..."
"Oh, yes. My little sister wrote that when she was 12."
"And they made a book out of it ?!"
"Funny story, actually..."

"That time in Seattle... was a nightmare. I came out of it dead broke, without a house, without anything except a girlfriend and a knowledge of UNIX."
"Well, that's something," Avi says. "Normally those two are mutually exclusive."
-- Neal Stephenson, "Cryptonomicon"

After yet another failed dissapearing act, the Maniac, with a puzzled look on his face began questioning why his vanishing logic had failed him yet again. The ever observant Amelia brought to his attention the tittle of the thread "The Never Ending story". The Maniac poised himself for more verbal abuse and said aloud to anyone reading the thread "....

[thumbsup2] Wow, I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before.

Excuse me, I seem to be having trouble with my...

Best Regards,
Scott

Do you really want to know why I'm such a spoilsport? It's because when I was a small child my mother..."

Tracy Dryden

"Don't interrupt me!, goddamnit!" he said. "I'm having trouble with my underpants, you see. I seem to have had a(n)...

er.. Boxer rebellion? I hope it's brief.

Tim

[/blue]

...Yup...it was brief...but no need to discuss my shortcomings here," he confided.

Amelia blushed and suggested that they retire to dinner at...

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

Tiny's Franks & Sausages, where they could get...

BTW,

The name is Jenny CRAIG, of "whey toss flame." Cheezy, I know, but hot. My old name was Whey Twatchers.

"He may be bankrupt and homeless, butt at least he has a knowledge of eunuchs. "

Tim

[/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back