Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing 2

And even thou I have read all posts in the Forum, they still show up in BOLD and with NEW icon next to them.

Also, tried to add an Image to the post using the little icon Insert Image(Ctrl-P), but 2 steps after that the page stopped responding, no error, no message what I did wrong, any click anywhere was ignored. I still do not know how to add an image to the post, step-by-step. Used to be easy...

Test of Insert Image

ahk_progressbar.png

Hmm... it's very flakey, but I eventually managed it.

Last edited:
And even thou I have read all posts in the Forum, they still show up in BOLD and with NEW icon next to them.

Also, tried to add an Image to the post using the little icon Insert Image(Ctrl-P), but 2 steps after that the page stopped responding, no error, no message what I did wrong, any click anywhere was ignored. I still do not know how to add an image to the post, step-by-step. Used to be easy...
Andy, either the right-hand most "landscape" icon to get a file image or just copy n paste an image as you would text.

Hmmm... this just happened with the last couple of email notifications when I clicked on the View this thread button:
tek-tips_mail_tracking.png

Email tracking is SO not cool, IMO...

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Last edited:
it's obviously a bug, to get rid of them you need to press in your browser the button for reloading current page

Thank you for the hints how to operate in TT now

Let me try to insert an image (with other 'problem') - my "Stay logged in" is always checked, even if I un-check it every time...

Attachments

• 1723829965004.png
    1723829965004.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 1
>just copy n paste an image as you would text.

This is definitely a step forward from the old site, in my opinion.

>how to add an image to the post, step-by-step. Used to be easy...
Well ... easy, yes - but convoluted. Involved unnecessary steps

Just drag and drop and image, nice!
Some bus bars

Too bad, can't drag and drop arbitrary file types to attach.

Can't use the Attach files button to attach arbitrary files. Only a limited set of file types allowed.

The following extensions are allowed: .zip, .txt, .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif, .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .mp4v, .mpeg, .mpg, .ogv, .webm, .mp3, .opus, .ogg, .wav

test

1. G
  2. H
    Python:
    Code

There should be a separate set of forums for such things as support, testing, sandbox, etc. This thread really does not belong in a VB programming forum as it applies to all forums.

My fault for starting the thread, but I needed somewhere to test functionality given, as you say, there are no obvious support, testing, sandbox forums. And then I couldn't delete it - as that is one of the missing functions! Didn't seem a problem since, until recently, only about 4 or 5 of us seemed to be using this forum.

Of course the new interface somewhat exposes any new post in any forum, so of course people who have never used this forum before suddenly stated posting in it. On the old site pretty much nobody would have seen 'Testing' and thus not been tempted to join in.

I'll also point out, site management IS being given feedback on most of this.

My fault for starting the thread, but I needed somewhere to test functionality given, as you say, there are no obvious support, testing, sandbox forums. And then I couldn't delete it - as that is one of the missing functions! Didn't seem a problem since, until recently, only about 4 or 5 of us seemed to be using this forum.

Of course the new interface somewhat exposes any new post in any forum, so of course people who have never used this forum before suddenly stated posting in it. On the old site pretty much nobody would have seen 'Testing' and thus not been tempted to join in.

The only reason I am here is an email was sent to me telling me that I was watching this thread (not) so came here to find out why. So, I commented. Now, I am watching it.

No matter what, this site needs a feedback forum just to keep regular forums free from site feedback.

Big plus with the change is that now I can post to forums again after years of being locked out.

Long list of minuses, chief of which I am now limited as to which computers I can browse the site on.

As noted in another thread, this software is bloated beyond reason. Home page code here is over 10,000 lines long, whereas old TT home page code was about 700 lines. That is a LOT (15 times more) of extra code to maintain and at least 15 times the security exposure to me and others who use this site. I have not checked, but I assume that every page has code boated beyond reason.

Just testing what I think *may* be a bug ...

Ah - OK, it is a bug only when applying my CSS tweaks to the site. Hmmm ...

Attachments

• empty.txt
    19 bytes · Views: 0
Ok, if any of you out there use Stylus then here's my Stylus CSS to modify the tek-tips style used on the site:

CSS:
/*
Created by Mike Strong
Date: 22/08/2024
Description: Minor tweaks to tek-tips style used by XenForo
             Reduces brightness, increases text clarity,
             eliminates much of the white space
*/
.block--messages .message,
.block--messages .block-row {
    color: #000;
    background: #F6F6F6
}

.avatar.avatar--m {
    width:  50%;
    height: 50%
}

.message-userExtras {
    visibility: hidden
}

.message-attachments {
    height: 196px   
}

section {
   height: 120px
}

How and where would one use that?

As I said, it is for Stylus users. Stylus is a Chrome/Chromium/Firefox add-in that allows you to inject replacement style code for a website (or just an individual page). So, if you have a relevant browser you just need to download and install Stylus, activate it for tek-tips, and then simply copy'n'paste the above code into the Stylus style editor:

Stylus is a Chrome/Chromium/Firefox add-in that allows you to inject replacement style code for a website

thanks strongm,
didn't know that there is something like that

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back