Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX-2000 to 3300 conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianWarner

Vendor
Sep 2, 2010
US
I have a copy of the configuration tool on my old laptop. I haven't used it for a few years and can't for the life of me remember how to login to it. I thought it was Also i thought reading somewhere that the 3300 should be pre MCD 4.0 for the conversion to go smoothly.

Alas my once complete (double-sided hard copy) library (wall) of pamphlets and 3-ring binders of 'all things Mitel' beginning with the original Entrepreneur and SX10/20/50/200/VS/S/SG/2K/and 3300 up through Rls 10/MCD 4.0 recently had a date with the recyclers truck. However, my fading recollection of the process is that you are correct. You should be able to launch the Config Tool using the IP address of the target system, which therefore assumes (requires) you have MC3E Controllers with an IP address assigned.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure you can also migrate the database using OPSMGR and I also vaguely recall the target (3300) system has to be at Rls 6.something

See if you can ping the 2K's IP address.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Does the software installer not have something to do this?

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

It does after you use the "OPS Man Lite" to do the database backup on the sx-2000. That is the piece of software that I can't remember how to log in to.

Ah. I take it then you don't have OpsMan on site. Can't remember how to log in to the config tool either.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

From the documentation:

Migrating SX-2000 database
To migrate a SX-2000 database to 3300 ICP:

Before you begin:

Prepare the SX-2000 for migration.

Ensure you have a recent backup of the database.

Prepare the 3300 ICP for migration.

CAUTION: You Must ensure that the system being migrated to the 3300 ICP does not exceed the 3300 ICP dimensioning requirements, or programming data will be lost.

Back-up the database of the SX-2000 ICP:

Connect the Configuration Tool PC to the controller.

Launch Configuration Tool using correct URL.

Click Configuration

Click Network Element Editor
- Type in the name of the PBX that is being migrated.
- Select the variant (SX-2000 Light (redundant) or SX-2000 Light (non-redundant))
Type in the IP address of the PBX you are migrating from.
Click Commit.

NOTE: The username and password in redundant scenario should be those of active plane.

Click Utilities.

Click Backup.

Click Network Element Data.
complete a source pbx (or 2K) data backup (datasave), The backup file is stored in directory: C:\Program Files\Mitel\OPSManager\SX2000\backup\Data_Save

Restore the Database onto the 3300 ICP:

NOTE: The 3300 ICP should have been prepared for migration before completing the next steps.

Click Configuration

Click Network Element Editor.
- Type in the name of the back-up file that was created in the previous procedure.
- Select the variant (3300 ICP)
Type in the IP address of the 3300 ICP you are migrating to.
Click Commit.

Click Utilities.

Click Restore.

Click Network Element Data.
Restore the SX-2000 backup data to 3300ICP from directory: C:\Program Files\Mitel\OPSManager\SX2000\backup\Data_Save.

Manually reboot the 3300 ICP

NOTE: These steps are only required if the 3300 ICP that is being migrated has Symbol D.S. Phones in it's database.

Make Changes to the 3300 ICP database:

Launch System Administration Tool.
- Change the default usernames/passwords
- Change the system name to one that has meaning for the customer.

(Optional) Launch Backup Network Element Data application under menu Utilities to do 3300ICP data backup (datasave), The backup file is stored in directory: C:\Program Files\Mitel\OPSManager\SX2000\backup\Data_Save

(Optional) Launch Restore Network Element Data application under menu Utilities to restore the previously 3300ICP backup data(datasave) to 3300ICP from directory: C:\Program Files\Mitel\OPSManager\SX2000\backup\Data_Save

Close System Administration tool

Exit Configuration Tool.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Just got back onto this project. The line that says "Launch Configuration Tool using correct URL" is where i am stuck. I spoke with the guys in the EMAN/OPSMan group at Mitel and they were of no help. i tried which is what i thought it was. Does anyone know the URL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back