Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 New install Getting a Cause Code 98 from SP ISDN-PRI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyer1y2k

Vendor
Aug 16, 2010
US
Replacing a system that has a PRI to SIP convertor. The SP providing PRI. The old system could not take PRI. We provided a new system with a PRI card so we would have less hardware to troubleshoot.

Incoming works fine with no issues. Outgoing calls set up and complete. The call then drops after 4 seconds. NTAC helped us determine that we are getting a disconnect from the provider with a Cause Code of 98. Any ideas if there are any settings we can check?

SV9100 running R12

Thank you. ~ Mike Meyer

Could be anything.
You'd better talk to SP tech support technician what is wrong with teh signalling.

Or you could show a full trace here.

Thank you for offering to look at the trace. I have attached it.

The SP tech support has been underwhelming.

Monday, we are bringing an Adtran Atlas 550 so we can split the PRI and exhaustively test without affecting the customer site.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c4893b68-6bcb-4e78-9387-9ef416472fd1&file=Ext202PRIDrop.txt
Stupid question but why not just dump the converter and go pure SIP? Less hardware again!

It is not a stupid question at all. We tried suggesting that but they can't dump the PRI quite yet. Contract with the SP they can't get out of.

They don't have to if the PRI is being delivered by SIP via a converter, just get the credentials and put the converter in a drawer soewhere till the contract is over!

We are not sure the provider will do that. They are contracted to deliver a PRI and are known to stick to their guns. The SP provider has provided the gateway. While this is a great mid to long term solution, the best short term solution would be to get this working with the PRI. I suspect switch type and being able to split the PRI buys me some time to figure this out.

In your trace there is no CONNECT ACKNOWLEDGE sent from SV9100 to the CONNECT sent from SP. So call is released by SP after T313(default 4 seconds) expires.

Thank you! Any ideas what might be the cause of that? I have also reached out to NTAC. ~ Mike

Thank you for the help. We brought an Adtran Atlas 550 out and everything works when going through it. Rather than burn time and grief with the "not me" between NEC and the SP, we are simply going to leave the Adtran there. It also gives us better troubleshooting ability at an already troublesome site.

Hopefully, one day, we will migrate them to full SIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back