Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 CP10 Calls Merging

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneFreak89

Technical User
Jul 13, 2018
US
I have an sv9100 CP10 that intermittently merges incoming calls with calls placed on hold. For example, someone answers an incoming call (doesn't matter if call is internal or external), places that call on hold by pressing the hold button to answer second incoming call (doesn't matter again whether internal or external), and as soon as first call is placed on hold the second call disappears and the two are talking to each other (the caller on hold and second incoming caller). Any ideas how this can happen? What happens exactly when a call is placed on hold? Where does this call go?

Are you using CAP keys or loop keys? Also, what phones are you using?

Yes, we are using CAP keys. I verified all are unique. The phones are NEC DT300 series.

Look at Hold function in 20-11. Also check 20-02 and hold function in 15-02.

15-02-06 Hold Key Operation Mode is set to "Normal Hold"
20-02-08 Display Holding Time is set to "5"
20-11 these are the settings that are enabled: 01-06, 08-10, 12, 15-16, 21, 23-25, 27, and 30-31

I've never touched these settings. Should anything be changed?

Hmmm..possibly restrict trunk to trunk? I know what is happening, they are bridging the calls by not hanging up or releasing. Possibly a training issue to use the release key or switch hook. OR turn on auto hold so they simply press the next incoming call key vs hold?

Ok, I will send this information to our phone vendor. Out of curiosity, where would these changes be made? Also, can the switch hook on a digital phone be used to place a call on hold? I tried but couldn't get it to work. We do have a hold button but no release key.

I don't think a switch hook can do that? Release key should be on the display of your phone like RLS. I am pretty sure you can program a key on the phone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back