Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stations in two coverage answer groups not ringing on second coverage path point

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbaer

MIS
Mar 8, 2016
US
We have a hunt group the exists to go to cover. Point1 of cover path is a coverage answer group, Point2 is voicemail. I want to setup the cover path to point to CAG 1 then to CAG 2 and then to voicemail. CAG 2 contains stations that are in CAG 1.

Basically, we need to add a 4th station to the cover, but only want the 4th station to ring after 3 initial rings. We also want the other 3 stations to ring when this 4th station rings. But when I add CAG 2 as coverage point 2 in the cover path, only the new station in CAG 2 rings. The other stations will ring on the first 3 rings but not when the call goes to coverage point2, even though coverage point2 is CAG 2 that contains all 4 stations. In summary:

CAG 1 contains ST 1001, 1002, 1003
CAG 2 contains ST 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004

Cover Path: Point1: CAG1, Rng: 3, Point2: CAG2, Rng: 3, Point3: Voicemail

When the call reaches Point2 only station 1004 rings.

I did find this post that says "Once a phone rings for a call, it will not ring again during the same call. It's a system "feature".

Does this mean what I think it means? And, if so, is this a "feature" that can be turned off?

Thanks,
Neil

Yes, that is how the ringing works with coverage answer groups. If you have a CM 6.3 though there is a Special Application that you can turn on - SA9123/Re-Ring CAG Members in Adjacent Coverage Points which would do exactly what you want.

Is there a way to accomplish what I'm needing, not being on 6.3? We are on 5.2 with plans to upgrade in the next 6-9 months. Could you do this with a two terminating extension groups?

Thanks,
Neil

No, sorry I don't know of a way to do this with the issue of an extension only ringing once in a coverage path before 6.3.
You could extend the number of rings before the call goes to the second point of coverage, for example have the coverage answer group ring 4-5 times before going to point two which could just be 1004 but I know that isn't exactly what you want.
Maybe someone else on the forum has any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back