Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

startup question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmlane

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2001
US
I just did a fresh install of Win2k. Anytime that someone logs in, the system32 folder opens. As you may figure, I do not want this to happen. I've looked everywhere that I can think of for a scheduled task (Scheduled tasks, startup folder) and am unable to find what is causing this. Any guesses. All replies are welcome. Thank you.

Information on startup programs is also found in the registry. Maybe there is a program which cannot be started for some reason. You can edit the registry, but simpler,
download the Startup Control Panel and you will get a full survey of services and startup programs. It is easy to exclude programs from the startup process.

Thanks,

That did the trick. I was able to locate a program that was trying to startup but did not point to the appropriate file. I fixed the error and the window stopped opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back