Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start WiFi network manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireburner69

Programmer
Aug 22, 2002
GR
Hello,
I have replace explorer.exe with another exe file that I want to run instead of the windows but I need my wifi connection to start also!

How can I manually start the wifi connection?

Thanks in advance.

Can you give a little more information? You replaced explorer.exe? With what? And why isn't your wifi connection starting? It should start as your system is booting (I know mine does, because I log onto a domain, before explorer loads).... can you give some more information?

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

I have setup windows when they start not to load explorer.exe but another program that has nothing to do with windows. Its just a simple program.
I am experimenting myself with windows. So no services are running. So my app is up and in area I want to have internet.
The wifi does not start atol. maybe some service or something.
I just want to learn what is the service that windows runs in order to activate the wifi connection and to add this command to my application so that it will load the wifi and from my application I will be able to get connected.
thats all! :)

Hi,
Windows services are so inter-connected and inter-dependant
that I doubt that 1 simple addition to your app would be enough..

All programs running on a Windows OS, have something to do with Windows..Why not let Windows do what it does, then have your app run at startup? ( after Windows finishes starting its needed services - a search on Google will find sites that list what essential services must be running for Windows to operate)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back