Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMGR 6.3 Granular Role Based Access Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayasmith

Vendor
Jan 4, 2007
US
Anyone implement this yet? The doc mentions entering things like extension ranges, vector numbers, hunt group numbers, etc. The problem is, I don't see these fields anywhere, I only have radio buttons, no open fields.

i prefer clarity to agreement - dennis prager

Yeah, I got something like that going for AAM - you can change users, but not add or delete or modify COSs for them.
Lots of playing in "Groups and Roles".
In Groups, I associate only the voicemails the user is to access in a group - say "US Voicemails" and only include MSS servers in the US
In Roles, I create a new role, - USVMAdmin. I then add a mapping to group "US Voicemails", and ultimately you get a series of checkboxes where I can permit certain things. I've got some profiles setup to permit only editing phones and mailboxes, but they're system-wide the particular systems I've applied them to

I'm looking through the administration guide for 6.3, page 171

I must admit, I've got the same problem you do! It goes through just like 6.2 and I've followed most of it through, but I don't see a "range" field either.

I suspect perhaps this is a planned feature that creeped into documentation but not the GA product...I'll try to update when my support ticket is addressed.

It's the release, you're dead on. I'm @ SMGR 6.3.0, no service pack, and i have no granular fields. I couldn't tell you for sure which release/patch it shows up in, but I'm going right to the latest 6.3.4 this weekend, I'll repost any tips I might be able to provide...

After upgrading to 6.3.5 the granular fields showed up, as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back