Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Should I get a masters? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjseals

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
US
I am currently contemplating getting a MS in Management of Information Systems through a University about 45 minutes away.

A little background. I graduated with a Comp Sci degree in 2003 started working in a local school district (web development/tech support). I just started a new job in December doing Network Admin/Tech Support (lots of different stuff). My current employer has a tuition assistance program where I will be able to basically get a degree for free (minus books). I am happy at my current position (I get paid well for the area I live/work in). The area I do work in is more of a rural area so good paying tech jobs don't come around too often. My wife and I are settled so I doubt I would be willing to relocate into the future.

Your thoughts on persuing the MS in MIS?

Thank You.

I like the idea of graduate school too but I would think it gets boring not to talk to others about the coursework. Then again I live in an area with lots of universities.

techwoman2
Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back