Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting outgoing caller/station ID on T1s

Status
Not open for further replies.

klubar

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2007
US
We've recently switched carriers and our new vendor does not allow us to set caller ID to any number other than the ones we own. This is somewhat inconvenient for forwarded call as you can't see the caller ID.

Is this standard, or can I ask them to allow it?

You can ask them, but it al depends on the coutry your in.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

a forwarded call from the IP Office wont pass the original caler ID number, that is what Mobility is for. But this all depends on the country you are in and the whether or not the provider allows it.

Well you CAN pass caller ID using SS in the short code however if this is a non-PRI T1 it isn't likley. And yes in the US it is common for providers to not allow you to pass non facility related caller ID. In fact they are trying to make it a legally controlled item.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Thinking a little more about how our old provider worked, I think they replaced invalid caller ID with the default for the trunk.

Our new provider rejects the call.

This allowed internal calls that were forwarded off switch to get the right caller ID, and all other calls to get our default caller ID.

It looks like our new provider requires a valid caller ID, so extensions that do not have a valid call routing entry get rejected. (Fixed by setting up a unique short code and ARS entries).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back