Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN - no errors but state - out of service 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctvi

Vendor
Jan 6, 2006
US
SCN - no errors

I can ping from each site to the other

but state - out of service

Voip Issues are ALWAYS aa data issue
is there any firewalling on the link between sites?

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

One site has 3 digit ext and one site 4 but I cannot change them. Hundreds of stations at each site.

Extn numbering is NOT your issue

your problem is with the data link between sites
something is blocking the SCN traffic

check your routers/firewalls

if you have a good data connection SCN "Just Works[sup]tm[/sup]"

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

What type of SCN lines. If 'Proprietary', try switching to 'WebSocket' (or vice versa). (You may have to rerun the Initial Configuration menu with Retain Configuration selected in order to set the WebSocket password).

But as IPGuru says, most likely your own network is blocking the traffic so start there first. Look at the firewall logs. If I recall correctly, Websocket SCN uses TCP 80/443, legacy SCN ('Proprietary') uses UDP 50795.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Just noticed on the error log an interesting TLS error on one of the sites under security:

Ip address (local site) peer ip address Fatal error
192.168.1.10:5061 192.168.2.10:54843 protocol version not suppoted

Could be a silly question but are they set to in service in the config? Some versions didn't enable them by default, much like the H323 and SIP gateways, not to mention PRI channels which are OOS by default. The place I would start looking is in Monitor. It will show the ACK/NACK and other SCN signaling. That would probably give you the best clues.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Budbyrd, I don't see any place that will indicate I can put them out of service. Where would I do that?

Capture_gnvlal.jpg

One of the systems looks stable but this side looks strange.
the 56.54.49.46 ip address looks like someone hacked the customer's system?
what are the call nubmers
and users?
the number looks inflated.

I was mistaken about being able to disable the line. (I don't currently service IPO at the moment but I do have one in my house) So I couldn't look at a config while I was at work. But I would question the total number of users on that first line. Don't think IPO supports 909192754 users. At this point I personally would delete the SCN lines in both systems and rebuild them from scratch. I would also recheck and make sure they are gone.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I deleted the SCN on both sides and get the same results. The 56.54.49.46 looks strange. I wonder if that is what is causing all the issues, but I cannot see where it is coming from. Nothing in the Administrator has that Ip address and it looks very live and active.

I switched to websocket after nearly 20 years using Proprietary. It removed the strange ip address and the circuits came up.

Thank you sizbut - your solution is what fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back