Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sad News 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

budbyrd

Vendor
Jul 28, 2011
US
I had a good run with the IP Office and have helped a lot of people. When our salesman retired they didn't replace him it was a sign that maybe they would be moving away from this product. After 17 years of service without being a disciplinary problem suddenly I was a problem. They wrote me up twice for failures in our dispatch department for which I was blamed. The sacked me at the end of February.

Good news America is in a labor crunch. I have 32 years in a variety of fields with a college degree. I took the first week off because I could. Started looking for work the next week around the 7th. I got a interview request by the 8th of March. Had the interview on the 10th. Had a job offer by the 14th and have been doing all the pre-employment background stuff since then and start on the 28th.

I will miss all you guys. I will check in from time to time. I won't be keeping up on the current stuff since I am moving to a healthcare job but I still have a lot of things to share on older versions.

Good luck and thanks for all the great knowledge!!

[pipe]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@CMUK I get to do a new 'Tree' soon. The whole NEC thing is over compilated from what I have seen so far. It is a steep curve. Not very intuitive. Multiple programs to do simple things. No real diagnostic tools. But... It is better than being unemployed... At least it is sort of GUI based. [thumbsup2]

I agree the NEC SV9100 has a steep curve but, once I got the concepts down, I can make it do a lot of requests the Toshiba CIX couldn't do. It almost reminds me of machine language on an older computer. You start with nothing but can set up some powerful programming. I have created a POTS template, PRI template, and SIP template so I generally just have to change extension numbers and mailbox numbers in the template and upload it. There are some wizards to create CAP keys and DNIS tables.

ipohead said:
I guess you are in the US where I hear employment protection is limited. Anyway being forced to move can be a good thing.

Ya that is honestly a bit of an understatement. I live in a "at-will" state. This means they can literally fire you for any reason, or no reason, and there is nothing you can do about it.

"In United States labor law, at-will employment is an employer's ability to dismiss an employee for any reason, and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal. When an employee is acknowledged as being hired "at will", courts deny the employee any claim for loss resulting from the dismissal."

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

@meyer1y2k We have a 9500. Had a web meeting about the new ACD offering. It is so cool. I hope they go with it.

@budbyrd - I understand the 9500 is a completely different platform.

@meyer1y2k Still seems a bit cumbersome and backwards for me, but it may be EOL soon enough by talking to the vendor.

@ipohead and @critchey, "Freedom" isn't really freedom, unless it goes both ways, and unless it is "absolute freedom". And, of course, there is no such thing as "absolute freedom". Therefore, we must always be prepared for the OTHER "free" person to stick it to us.

Fortunately, in our business, there is always demand for good talent and skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back