Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Failure on a 5.0 SP1 PR1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

caknfd

Vendor
Nov 21, 2009
US
When upgrading from 4.2 (10.2.0.26_2) to 5.0 SP1 PR1(11.0.1.26)the upgrade whet OK Licensing went OK but most of the way through the restore I recieved the following while monitoring the RTC port. The data restore seemed to finish and the phones came up but when logging in I recieved the same message via a popup.

*** DATABASE RESTORE FAILURE ***
A database restore hasn't completed successfully.
You must perform a database restore again.
If the database restore continues to fail with the same
back-up file, then you must find a different backup and try again.

I tried a different database same issue and had to put it back to 4.2 which went well. I spoke to Mitel who had the same issue as I did during his testing and is taking it up a level. has anyone had a similar issue?

Craig

Mitel thinks the error is due to the one of the SIP forms and thinks I can do the upgrade (I have no SIP devices) then to get rid of the error message back it up after the upgrade and restore it again so the restore is a rel. 5 to rel.5 not 4.2 to rel 5

We will see im about to do one right now.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back