Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recording automated attendant greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridgecom

Programmer
Sep 8, 2008
US
I have a customer with an Active Voice Repartee with a voice bridge on a Avaya Definity, they have a greeting an ex-employee recorded years ago, can anyone tell me how to access that recording & record a new greeting? Or how to find the different places to make recordings? I know the Definity & know little about the Repartee.

If the automated attendant is in AUDIX, you simply need to log into the AUDIX account for that extension and change its personal greeting. If it is a call vector with an announcement, then you have to dial the feature access code to re-record the annoucement (which requires a phone with console permissions in its COS), enter the extension, then press 1 to record the annoucement. If it's anything that falls outside of those two scenarios, I'm unfamiliar with it.

*Correction - you have to enter the extension of the annoucement, which is found within the call vector, if it is a call vector with an annoucement.

thanks for the response, there is no AUDIX, just the repartee voice mail, I could check the announcements but i think the recording is in the repartee.

You need access to the system keyboard and video. You also need to know the password for the system. I think F2 was log in and then enter password. From there depends on which greeting you want to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back