Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recent issues 8.0(42/43) 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

kholladay

Programmer
Sep 4, 2005
US
Some things I've noticed and these may be limited to NAR only so not sure if you guys in EMEA/ROW have seen this.

Analog trunks seem to default to 6dB/3dB rather than 0/0 this causes extreme voice quality issues on analog lines.

Dial delay time seems to default to 1 rather than 4

When recording a greeing with Embedded Voicemail (Intuity) or VMP using Visual VM the message is played only for calls that time out but leaving voicemail using a direct to voicemail option or a VMP Leave action play the system greeting. Using *17 to record the greeting does not have this problem.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

The time out thing sounds like an issue I had with a voice question on Linux.
When you hang up instead of waiting till the timer was gone then there was no .
You needed to wait or press the # sign.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Forgot to add that this is fixed in 8.0.42
I did not test 8.0.43 yet.

BAZINGA!

anyone having problems with incoming caller ID on analog trucks on 8.0(42)? and where can I find the 8.0(43) download. couldn't find it on the avaya website. thanks!

No experience personally, but if you search it appears the issue remains with 8.0.43 so upgrading isn't going to fix your issue.

I do have clients on 8.0.18 and caller id is working on POTS lines.

thanks so much! so, where can I download the 8.0(18)to downgrade? can't find it on Avaya website anymore either...ugh!

Kholliday

I believe that you have solved more than one mystery!

I was having audio quality issues, no caller ID and DTMF tones were not working on my new system.

I changed the gains to -0.5 dB and now everything is working properly!

Thank you

Oops Looks like I may have spoke to soon.

The problem comes back on a reboot so it looks like the gains have to be changed on each reboot

Then it is a bug.
8.0.42 introduced a wider range for the gain and i think it went wrong there.
Raise it as a bug like anyone else.
The more bugs raised the quicker they will fix it.

BAZINGA!

Yes I can confirm that the values for the dB do seem to reset after each reboot and once again must be adjusted.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

1) The analog trunk gain controls are broken and need to be manually set to 0/0 after each and every reboot or you will have terrible voice quality.
2) Busy Tone Detection will not stay on so there is an issue with lines that rely on busy tone for disconnect clear.
3) When an improper MoH file is uploaded (that is one that is not 8Khz/16-bit/mono) documentation states that it will be discarded after upload but instead the system will retain it and play it with the audio fidelity of a circa 1878 Edison phonograph.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

I posted last week with a few issues when we upgraded to 8.0.42, I will state them again in hopes of getting some of them resolved as our Avaya case seems to be of very little importance to Avaya. When we upgraded a 500V1 from 5.0.18 we had issues with the PRI. It would not resysnc until the central office tech took it out of service and put it back in. Caller ID on analog trunks does not work. We also had issues with phones not upgrading. We downgraded to 8.0.18 and that seemed to fix the phone upgrade issue only, the other issues remain. The PRI issue is a huge concern, as we had to call the CO tech again this morning to take it out of service once again and put it back in before it would function.

Caller ID on analog trunks do not work because of the gain (believe it or not). The trunks are too hot and the DTMF is blown out of spec. Adjust the gain to 0/0 and I bet your caller ID will work.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

Seems to be the hot topic. Came to the same conclusion as well last week after carrier visits, replacing the Combo card and IP500v2 Box.
Noticed Avaya added choices 5>10 on the Gain. Escalated to Avaya this morning. We have 1 location adjusted and working at -6/-6 and one at -1/-1. Noticed a new load 7.0.31 defaulted at -6/-3. And yes a reboot wipes the adjustments out. I'll try the -0.5 on the next...Fun Fun.
-Chip

I tell you ever since the Nortel guys have taken part of the IPO it goes downhill.
Releases with patches right afterwards no proper testing and breaking the most basic functions. We tell customers that this is a good product (and it basically is) and they make us look like idiots

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

The nortel technical team within Avaya has taken this product back in time 5 years from a stability perspective.

Yes, I agree they gave us a lot of new cool features but that doesn't make up for the fact that basic features are broken.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

I have the same issue with caller ID, but I'm missing something. It forces me to reboot every time I mess with the gain and it reverts back. What am I missing?

The Manager will show it reverting back but in actual programming it is correct so you have to remember if you make any changes you must set the gain back to the proper setting before EVERY SAVE.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back