Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recent issues 8.0(42/43) 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

kholladay

Programmer
Sep 4, 2005
US
Some things I've noticed and these may be limited to NAR only so not sure if you guys in EMEA/ROW have seen this.

Analog trunks seem to default to 6dB/3dB rather than 0/0 this causes extreme voice quality issues on analog lines.

Dial delay time seems to default to 1 rather than 4

When recording a greeing with Embedded Voicemail (Intuity) or VMP using Visual VM the message is played only for calls that time out but leaving voicemail using a direct to voicemail option or a VMP Leave action play the system greeting. Using *17 to record the greeting does not have this problem.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Hi, I have the same voice quality issues on a system just installed with 8.0.43 and 9508 phones. My Gains on all my analog trunks are blanked out... What should I set these at? Some threads said to set them at -3.0db, and some said 0db.
Recommendations? Also, my loop current is pretty high sitting around 40mA - what should I knock this down to? Thanks

Here's another fun issue for those of you working in a former Nortel shop... Twinning seems to be messed up on T series phones...

On PRI's I find that it looks at an answer on a twinned trunk to be a disconnect.
On POTS lines, the calls ring once on your extension, then stop ringing internally - they to still ring the twinned extension, and allow you to reclaim the call when you walk back to your desk.

Waiting to hear from Avaya on this.

I can answer, twinning is not supported on analogue trunks. As soon as an analogue trunk is seized it is seen as connected (no call progress messages on analogue) so that's why it stops ringing internally and can be pulled back :)

Yup - amazing how late nights make you forget some of the basics... I'm in the process of opening a case with Avaya regarding the PRI and T series phones.

Anyone noticed that on 8.0(43) there is no longer an option for incoming group ID on IP trunks? You still get an outbound group ID.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

also the assignment for voicemail channels to specific purposes is gone.
They took that away in the last 7.0 as well, seems they take away stuff without putting it into the documents or TechBulls

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Hi Kyle,

It is removed because it is not needed and only confusing.
It uses shortcodes anyway.
It is gone in the 8.1 trails too.
Hi

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The vm channel assignments were usefull though, no need to take those away unannounced :)

That should not happen Andy.
I will check tomorrow.
I think I have seen it but I am not sure.

BAZINGA!

On our IP500v2 8.1.22 we still have the channel reservation option available.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Oh I know it isn't needed. Just confusing to see it go away yet still be in the docs.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

kholladay said:
Anyone noticed that on 8.0(43) there is no longer an option for incoming group ID on IP trunks? You still get an outbound group ID.[/quoute]

I still have that in my 8.1.22 beta rig...

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

New stuff but you will see it when it is there :)

BAZINGA!

So, do 7.0(32) and 8.0(44) fix the caller ID issues?

Dan

If it ain't broke, why fix it?
If it's broke, try to fix it..
If you can't fix it, get yourself a good baseball bat and swing away! :)

Yes they do.
There is tech tip on the same page as the download so i suggest reading the tech tip :)

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back