Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recent issues 8.0(42/43) 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

kholladay

Programmer
Sep 4, 2005
US
Some things I've noticed and these may be limited to NAR only so not sure if you guys in EMEA/ROW have seen this.

Analog trunks seem to default to 6dB/3dB rather than 0/0 this causes extreme voice quality issues on analog lines.

Dial delay time seems to default to 1 rather than 4

When recording a greeing with Embedded Voicemail (Intuity) or VMP using Visual VM the message is played only for calls that time out but leaving voicemail using a direct to voicemail option or a VMP Leave action play the system greeting. Using *17 to record the greeting does not have this problem.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

With all due respect guys and I am not trying to open a can of worms but the Nortel BCM was certainly a good product and outsold the IP Office. The problem is trying to merge the 2 products. We are convinced that an IP Office should only be sold with Avaya phones. However, Avaya has issues with their phones. Nortel never had these kinds of problems with their phones until they tried to connect with the IP Office. They should have kept the 2 products separate. By the way, I am an IPO fan.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

You are spot on.
Star for that.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

They get the latest handsets made at about half the price of the 56/54 etc series.....and it shows :)

When we received our first demo it had the 5400 series phones. They are solid and I love their design. What was Avaya thinking? These phones seem to work great.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

They do, they are rock solid.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

OK, -0.5 seems to work. When the system comes back up it states +1.0, but hey.

Has anyone been able to use iPhone SIP clients with this version?

I am able to have the clients register if I use an old primitive Netcomm router but do not get any audio.

I cannot even get them to register using a Draytek 2830 router.

I have tried both 3CX and Bria as clients.

I use Bria for iPhone without issue.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Hi Kholladay

I have now got Bria to register using the Draytek but still no audio even with DMZ. I suspect it must be something in IPO

Here are my settings:

IPO SETTINGS

Firewall NAT Type: Static port block
Public address : My public address
Public port: 5060

IP Route
IP= 0.0.0.0
Subnet mask 0.0.0.0
Gateway= router address
Destination LAN1

Is there something I have missed or got wrong?
Is it possible for you to send me a copy of your .cfg file so I can see what I am missing?

Thanks in advance

I'd rather see stabilty come back before any innovation, I'd happy sit a year of new features out to allow them to fix the last batch of sh1t they broke...which was plenty :)

ABSOLUTELY AGREED Andy!

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

Yep,Yep, on board with that as well. But think, if they fixed all the issues, it would be so simple anybody could install them...

I'm with Amriddle. I have more customers complaining about the things that brake in the upgrade as compared to the request of new features. The really frustrating part is when they fix something and in the process brake something else. At times it feels like throwing darts as to which version is going to work the best. I still love the product, just frustrated.

I'm having similar problems on an Australian locale system - no CLI and digital clipping on default gain settings from a Cisco SPA122. Turns out on the Australian systems the Avaya gain settings are 6/6 and this is not displayed in the Manager all the time either. The fields can just be blank. CLI type defaults to V23 so that needs changing too.

Changing the gain to -0.5/-0.5 fixed the digital clipping but not the CLI even with the CLI type changed to Bell 202.

I hope they get this sorted out soon although most of the systems I do have basic or primary ISDN.

I am also on an Australian system. CLI is working for me with the CLI type set to V23.

Prior to discovering the gain bug I tried changing the CLI type to Bell but that did not work

Remember to change the gains each time you do a reboot

We had to set our gains to 3 dB to get the caller ID to work.

so we are upgrading a customer from 7 to 8 this week and i came upon this thread.

now wondering if it is worth upgrading until everything is sorted out

Does 8.0.43 fix the analog trunk settings issue?

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back