Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAD Not Responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneBum

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2005
US
I'm having a problem with my Rad I keep getting a message that says Feature in use. I have looked at the port in programming and it is on idle. I have diabled it and reinabled but same message comes when I do Feature 9*0

Any Ideas???????????

Is it a good port, hook a phone to it to see if it comes up.If so power the rad down and up again, then you should be able to see the rad..Do you have a power light on the rad. If that dont work if display still shows inactive feature,send it back..

I have checked all that on the Rad it has power and the port is good. I have even moved to another port. Any time I call in and do the Feature 9*0 is says feature in uses

You said you changed ports, but did you power down the RAD?
ie: unplug the transformer?

I have unpluged the transformer and that did not seem to work. Feature 9** works I even changed the password to see if that would do anything. Some how it is hung up?????????

PhoneBum, as you said in your post you dial in and do a Feature 9*0 and it says Feature in Use. Are you using it to dial in? Then it will be in use.

I'm trying to dial in with remote assist so the Feature 9*0 is sending me to the RAD but for some reason it is saying that it is already in use.

Is there a cable plugged in the serial port of the rad? That would cause a rad to look like it is in use.

Yes I have tried with it unplugged still same message

a serial cable - shouldnt cause that

can u login using the RAD - while onsite?
for all you know the NRU might be corrupt - try unistall/reinstall
is someone onsite in programming mode?

Yes I can log in through Feature 9**. I will try and reinstall the nru SOFTWARE thank you

Default the rad and then try again. There is a post in the f.a.q's on how to do that. When you try again make sure there is no cable plugged in to the serial port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back