Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R10 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOfficeGuru

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2003
US
Reading through the Offer Definition for R10.
A few items that are disturbing.
1. PLDS Licensing process is going to be a pain in the A$$.
2. Avaya is moving to a per user model for the IP Office. A 'Basic User' license required for every user you create on the system. Without it Digital sets won't even work. (No wait - they can still dial 911)
3. The marvelous Avaya "IPOSS" is mandatory for every system. The R10 Offer Definiton tries to run you through some glorious justification of how wonderful the IPOSS will be for the customer. Thats after you attempt about 50 times to register the damn thing and then register 'your' customer "SOLD To:'which takes about 20 minutes - so Avaya can later take over tha account.
Remember - all of this so Avaya can streamline the installation process !!
What a joke - I haven't even touched on the "Avaya IP Office Cloud Offer" only $39.95 per seat - but you have to act now - says the guy from 'slap chop' infomercial.

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

Yep, that's what I did TTT, saved me over 10k mouse clicks and finger pain, you posted on it too. It's risky though, as one comma out of place and the config is hosed. Hopefully bulk edit allows us more things to do without having to resort to that method.

Exporting and editing in excel is a great way to go about it, it has saved me countless amounts of hours. But yes you do have to be extremely careful. I have been boned before too by excel auto changing the format of a cell and removing a leading 0 or by it changing all of my twinning numbers from a full 11 digits to something like 1.215E+10. So the bulk edit will help avoid these risks, although I will still probably use the export/excel method for certain things.

qtelcom- The information I have read is as follows

Available Screens from user for bulk edit:
User
Voicemail
Button Programming
Telephony
Forwarding
Mobility
Voice Recording
Do Not Disturb
Web Self-Administration

It doesn't appear that Source Numbers will be an option. Looks like you will have use the excel method to easily remove those still.

Found that material code in the latest R10 offer definition...

383714 IPO R10 BASIC ED PLDS LIC

R10 use runtime licences not uogrades, the way they should have done it from the start :)

I've used a macro like "Do it again" to save the mouse clicks on those tedious changes. Works great! Just ties up your PC for a minute or two.

It's not the R10 I was wondering about but the "BASIC ED

why get rid of it, when they will now probably charge you for it...

I wonder if they will continue to improve it or just leave it alone. We had several customers in a Partner ACS and learned the hard way that IPO basic edition really sucked compared to the real Partner ACS. Strange bugs in every release, page groups, reboots, & making an edit in Manager would by default turn on VMScover for every extn, etc... it was a nightmare. We stopped selling it unless the customer is really truly basic.

Not too sure on R10 General Availability date? Anyone hear on release date?
As a reminder to all of my Avaya Partner peers, please make sure you attend one of the below Webinars on Avaya One Source (A1S)and PLDS Licensing for IP Office R10.

US/CAN 11:00 - 12:00 EDT A1S IP Office Training (English) - Aug 4
US/CAN 1:00 - 2:00 EDT A1S IP Office Training (English) - Aug 8
US/CAN 12:00 - 1:00 EDT A1S IP Office Training (English) - Aug 15
US/CAN 12:00 - 1:00 EDT A1S IP Office Training (English) - Aug 16
US/CAN 10:00 - 11:00 EDT A1S IP Office Training (English) - Aug 19
US/CAN 2:00 - 3:00 EDT A1S IP Office Training (English) - Aug 17
US/CAN 1:00 - 2:00 EDT A1S IP Office Training (English) - Aug 22
US/CAN 3:00 - 4:00 EDT A1S IP Office Training (English) - Aug 24
US/CAN 12:00 - 1:00 EDT A1S IP Office Training (English) - Aug 25

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

August 29th GA

for teh removal of basic edition - no more...
for IPOSS chnages.....NOTHING will change for R10.

Yes, PLDS process will still be an issue...pain in the A$$ i think was the quote... :)

That's not a question, a new GA release has never been bug free and should never be installed on a customer site unless you really hate the customer.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

What's the word on R10, is it stable enough to start selling?
I still have a hard time swallowing the IPOSS situation, Avaya started the SMB30 promo to kind of offset that cost right? If that's the reason then it doesn't make any sense to me, it is like increasing your quote and then giving your customer a discount to make them feel like they are saving money, it works when you do not know about it.

I do have a question, if you upgrade a 9.0 or 9.1 to R10 do you have to include the IPOSS in your quote?

RE
APSS, AIPS

That would be a question for your channel manager I would think

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

R10 IS useable but it will never be bugfree, as any software package.
We run it for weeks now without any issue, we do NOT use any Avaya Call Center application of any kind.

Until R10.1 or R11, if IP Office makes it that far as a product, they always support the current and last major release :)

Most of the SMB30 quotes that I have from our distributor have an expiration date of 6/30/2017, since R10 will automatically increase pricing because of IPOSS I wanted to stay with 9.1 for all of our deals that qualify for SMB30 and will do R10 for any SMB100 deals or above since by then the IPOSS cost relative to the entire project will be negligible. I will keep on doing it until I am specifically requested by a customer to quote R10 or I am finally dragged kicking and screaming by Avaya to R10, hopefully by then, somebody in Avaya will realize that the mandatory IPOSS was not a good idea and they will take it off...ha, ha, OK, I need to get serious now.

RE
APSS, AIPS

But IPOSS isn't mandatory anymore. (SCN and SE still is)

NTSDirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back