Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Name That Business" Contest #2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepDiverMom

Programmer
Jul 28, 2003
US
You MAI-ers did a remarkable job helping MiniMufasa name her business (thread1256-1128199 ; Winner: KenCunningham's "Proof Positive Inventory" entry, with great honorable mentions from many other MAI-ers). I, too, am eager to benefit from your individual and collective creativity in the naming of my business.

Background: Currently, I have an IT consulting business. I am also starting a separate business focussed upon real estate investing and helping others learn to invest in real estate. I also help people learn how to leverage other people's money (OPM) for investing. I'd like a bit of my personality injected into the business but I also want to keep it simple, with, of course, a catchy name.

My soap box in life is that "Joy" and "Happiness" are choices (not just results of luck or the mentality "I'll be happy when…"). I am of the "Pay-it-Forward" mentality. I am a spontaneous, happy person.

(Hints: I like the names: "My Company, Inc" and "Joy, Inc.", but they are already taken. "Joy is a Choice, Inc." is available but it isn't "speaking to me".)

With all that said...let the contest begin!

I know that lightning doesn't strike twice, but my first thought is 'Joy Unconfined Inc.' More to follow...

I want to be good, is that not enough?

Ken said:
I know that lightning doesn't strike twice.
That's an old "Wives Tale"...just ask the lightning-bolt maintenance crew at the Empire State Building in NYC.

Your "Joy Unconfined, Inc." suggestion, I believe, is excellent! If, however, DeepDiverMom's business resided there in the UK, I might suggest "Joy Unlimited, Ltd." <grin>

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Hello DeepDriverMom,

What's your current IT consulting business named? Should your new business name be related to that? Or will it finallybe one name for both?

Do I understand correctly, you don't want to start a "Ltd.", do you? Because in that case all names would not sound good, eg "Joy, Ltd." ;-).

The name also shouldn't make you think in the direction of Real Estatee Spam mails, so it shouldn't be too naive and too optimistic, or it sounds like a fraud.

Bye, Olaf.

Thanks for asking. I don't want it associated with my IT business. It will end in Inc. rather than Ltd. and I consider myself a bit of a Rebel -
after all I'm a gray haired 48 year old Scuba Diving mom.

I must apologise in advance for my suggestion, and I also know you didn’t want to link the IT business into it:

Joy IS, Inc.

Here are a few that spring to mind...maybe play around with combinations...

"Choose Joy", "Choose Happiness", "Contentment Investing"

< M!ke >
I am not a hamster and life is not a wheel.

That Nice Agent, Inc."...

For example:
"Who sold your house for you?"..."Oh, That Nice Agent".

[santa]Mufasa

[OT]Dave, I see we're back to oxymorons again. A nice (Real) Estate Agent indeed![BOT]

I want to be good, is that not enough?

HeHeHe...

I'm sure that DeepDiverMom is the proverbial exception to the rule.[2thumbsup]

[santa]Mufasa

Or, to convey the prospect of always-positive earnings:

No Red Inc. <grin>

[santa]Mufasa

But it's not for an agent. It's for real estate investing.
How about: There's One Born Every Minute, Inc
Real Joy, Inc.(apparently already taken)
or Realty Joy or Joy Investing, Inc (Joy Investment is already taken)

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Cool ideas, MAI-ers!

It got me thinking about:

Real(i)ty-Success Investing

(...You know, &quot;If you want your Realty investment to become a Reality Success, then 'I' must be there.&quot; &lt;grin&gt;)

[santa]Mufasa

How about "PIF Investing"?

(Paying it forward gains more rewards in the long term than a standard investment....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back