Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"...ask the ask"?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBones

Programmer
Aug 8, 2002
US
I'm writing this while in a conference call. Someone has replaced the word "question" with the word "ask". The person has actually used this sentence...

Someone will need to ask the ask, where do we go from here?

And more, talking about the questions we need to ask about a project...

What's the ask here?

I almost laughed out loud. Do people like this hear themselves? Do they talk like this normally? Or is this just meeting-speak for them?

Which brings us to a great question. Do they have a Fourth of July in England?

Yes, it falls between July 3rd and July 5th

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Do you have your Windows 95 virus discs ready - just in case?

Bye, Olaf.

Do they have a Fourth of July in England?

We certainly do.
It's sandwiched between the third and the fifth (didn't need your 'spoiler' for that [wink])

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

To be safe on the fourth, take not a fifth on the third, lest you come not forth on the fifth forthwith!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Which brings us to a great question. Do they have a Fourth of July in England?

Hmmm, I just realized, not only does England have a 4th of July, but now they have an Independence Day too!

No matter if June 23rd or a date yet to come, nothing to congratulate to, if you ask me.

Bye, Olaf.

a bit late but I am going to bite for the fun of it anyway :)
Brits don't drive on the right side of the road.

We do drive on the right* side of the road (for very good historical reasons) it is most of the world that drives on the WRONG* side of the road.

I have actually had a reasonable explanation for this in the US which boils down to the fact that the US has much less historical baggage. as for Europe it is simply because Napoleon was left handed which makes retaining it after his defeat a bit of a joke.

*Grammar pedants will probably say I should be using correct & incorrect instead of right & wrong

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back