Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Name That Business" Contest #2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepDiverMom

Programmer
Jul 28, 2003
US
You MAI-ers did a remarkable job helping MiniMufasa name her business (thread1256-1128199 ; Winner: KenCunningham's "Proof Positive Inventory" entry, with great honorable mentions from many other MAI-ers). I, too, am eager to benefit from your individual and collective creativity in the naming of my business.

Background: Currently, I have an IT consulting business. I am also starting a separate business focussed upon real estate investing and helping others learn to invest in real estate. I also help people learn how to leverage other people's money (OPM) for investing. I'd like a bit of my personality injected into the business but I also want to keep it simple, with, of course, a catchy name.

My soap box in life is that "Joy" and "Happiness" are choices (not just results of luck or the mentality "I'll be happy when…"). I am of the "Pay-it-Forward" mentality. I am a spontaneous, happy person.

(Hints: I like the names: "My Company, Inc" and "Joy, Inc.", but they are already taken. "Joy is a Choice, Inc." is available but it isn't "speaking to me".)

With all that said...let the contest begin!

Glorious Estate
Estate of Joy / Bliss

Estate of Joy - is spoken almost like "A State Of Joy" isn't it? Nice idea!

Bye, Olaf.

Some related words to spark ideas

accomplishment actualization amusement animation ardency ardor attainment avidity beatitude blessedness bliss buoyancy buzz charge charm cheer cheerfulness cheeriness cloud nine comfort completion consummation contentment delectation delight delirium devotion diversion eagerness earnestness ebullience ecstasy élan elation emotion enchantment encouragement energy enjoyment enthusiasm euphoria exaltation excitedness excitement exhilaration exuberance exultation felicity fervor festivity frolic fruition fulfillment fun gaiety gem geniality gladness glee gratification gusto happiness heaven inspiration intensity interest intoxication jewel jocundity jollies joy joyfulness joyousness jubilance jubilation keenness life liveliness loving materialization maturation maturity merriment mirth optimism paradise passion perfection prize rapture ravishment realization refreshment regalement rejoicing relaxation relish revelry rhapsody satisfaction savor solace spirit success thrill trance transport treasure treat triumph verve vim vitality vivacity wonder zeal zealousness zest zing

[COLOR=#aa88aa black]Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.[/color]

Cool ideas, MAI-ers!

It got me thinking about:

Real(i)ty-Success Investing

(...You know, "If you want your Realty investment to become a Reality Success, then 'I' must be there." <grin>)

OMG... dude... my jaw dropped on that one. That's quite clever.

I also liked "That nice agent, Inc." hehe... it advertises itself... "Oh.. what was the name of that nice agent who sold your house?" ;-)

Just my 2¢
-Cole's Law: Shredded cabbage

--Greg

What about a variation on the Pay it forward idea:

Pay it up front, tax Inc. [tongue]

Cheers,

Roel

Rofeu said:
Pay it up front, tax Inc.
Olaf said:
TaxMax chili inc.
Fun plays on words, but "Tax" is a four-letter word in the circles in which I run. Putting "Tax" (along with "Pay" or "Max") in the company name is just asking for no customers.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

You all are AMAZING! I'd have to say the front runners thus far are: Surreal Estates Inc., That Really Nice Agent, Inc., and PIF Investments, Inc. How about Pay It Forward Principal Investments, Inc. (with a play on the word principal vs principle). Keep em coming. I have to have my decision made by next Wednesday.

DeepDiverMom,
thanks. Pay It Forward Principal Investments, Inc. is nice but rather long, and it would perhaps not get those, that don't (yet) believe in Pay It Forward, you need trust.

There is a film named Pay It Forward (with the social aspect of it) and in german it's called "Das Glücksprinzip", which retranslates to the good luck/bliss/fortune principle or the Bliss principle. So how about Bliss Principal, Inc. or The Furtunetly Principal, Inc. ?

Mufasa,
the TaxMax was of course just a play on words...

Bye, Olaf.

How's it going, DeepDriverMom? Over a month passed. Seems you're busy with the business.

Hello all you amazing contributors. I apologize for my tardiness and delay in getting back to you. I have been traveling and had my finger in several pots that took me away from Tek-Tips for a while.

However the results are in and I have established the corporate identity of.... drum roll please - That Nice Agent, Inc.

Yeah...At I future point I will also be using...No Red, Inc.

Thanks to all of you for your contributions. You are so creative. I will definitely return for more inspiration from you all.

Best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back