Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found" 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyTech

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
KR
Hey all,
Im haveing a problem with acad2000 where on start up I get an error message saying
"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found".
I have tried reinstalling the software a couple of times and on other machines, but still nothing. I also tried
installing CAD in the root directory of C:\acad2000 and it worked once, then I closed it down and opened it
and I got the same error message again.
The PCs are using Win98 and there is already a version of ACAD r14 on it. I saw on the net it has got to do with the
path in autoexec.bat but that hasnt been modified and seems ok...any ideas??? Jay~

If its broken, just leave it and hope someone else fixes it!

~KeyTech

Please send me the file ac1st15.dll, I also have the same problem than the others: autocad2000 doesn`t find the file and I can`t find it on hard-disc or on autocad2000 cd. Thank you a million!

alocurcio@yahoo.it

i am also missing the AC1st15.dll required file is there andyway you can email them to me ?? i'd sure appreciate it
mkohnen@charter.net

OK - thank you CanuckGirl for that link to the updated file. that worked GREAT for Autocad 2002!!

Question: I'm having a similar problem with AutoCAD R13 (i know, it's old, but sometimes we still need it). When we go to open AutoCAD R13, it just exits immediately. Does anybody know what to do to fix this? Any help would be GREAT!! Oh - it happens with any OS (98se, 2000, XP). Thanks!

Bryan

i know you guys have answered this question but im kind of slow, i have autocad 2002 and it cant find ac1st15.dll and i tried all of the above, but i dont know how to edit the autoexec.bat file and how do i edit it to change the path

Hi Everyone!

I was looking for another solution to a problem when I saw this forum. I had this same problem to and resolved it.

If you have AutoCad 14 installed and cannot get AutoCad 2000 working because of a ac1st15.dll or acutil15.dll eroor, I can help you.

First, uninstall 2000 completely. Then restart. Once in Windows, run "sysedit" and make sure the uninstall removed the path SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AUTODE~1 completely. If it didn't remove that command line, save it and restart again.

Re-install 2000 to "c:\Autocad2000" (directly in the root); NOT IN THE "c:\Program Files\Autocad2000" directory. Do not install migration yet either. This should correct all of *.dll the problems. If you need migration, install it after you've re-booted and AutoCad 2000 is working!

Good Luck!

Mike Bellman

I solved my start-up error quite simply as follows:

Error Box: acad.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point
?__acFreePages@@YIXPAX@Z could not be located in the dynamic lik library ac1st15.dll.

I read this thread, then searched my computer for ac1st15.dll. I found 3 locations:

Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared on C: and D:
Windows\system32

I tried deleting all three files while the error box was open, and found the error box was holding the Windows/system32 file. I closed the box and deleted all three locations. I then downloaded the latest version of the file from the Autodesk web site given above to the Windows/system32 location.

That solved my problem.

"Don't use hammer when a screwdriver will do."

Tom Haws

The following message comes up when I try to open Auto CAD 2002: ACAD caused an invalid page fault in
module AC1ST15.DLL at 0187:65fe1e3b.
Would I need replace the .dll or do I need to change something in the autoexe.bat.
I have tried reinstalling the program many, many times, but
it still comes up with the same problem.
If I do need a new .dll file, could someone please send a copy to the_hip_hop_hero@hotmail.com. It would be greatly appreciated.

Cameron

have solved the problem now. I went to the site and downloaded the updated ver. of the .dll. It was conflicting with NAV 2003.

Cameron

have solved the problem now. I went to the autodesk site and downloaded the updated ver. of the .dll. It was conflicting with NAV 2003.

Cameron

AutoDesk have released a new version of the ac1st15.dll file that will resolve the issue with
ACAD caused an invalid page fault in
module AC1ST15.DLL at 0187:65fe1e3b.

Click here to download the file,

then replace it with the one in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared

should do the trick...

Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Hey there fellow Autocad Junkies!
I have R14 with the S8 survey overlay nicely installed and I wanted 2002 so I installed it. Well what do you know I encountered the same problem that braught all of us togeather. :) any way I took some of the advise from one of you and !!!coppied!!!(choice word) my dll file to the windows/system folder. Well like most other users another frickin message came up, so i repeated my process. after doing this 4 times i decided to copy the entire contents of the Autodesk shared folder to the system folder, It worked. I first came apon the problem when i defraged like another member and so i defraged after i found the solution and it still works. I even shut down and restarted, ran another defrag, it still works. I will post further if i run into the problem again.
I relize that some of you were hell bent on the one version of cad but in todays maket that isn't possible so it is our job to find other ways. Later
Chris

By initiating AutoCad 2002, I am getting a message:"THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION AND IT WILL BE SHUT DOWN."
What is all of suddenly wrong wit it. I've tried to reinslall the program, but results are the same.
Can you help me?
Thank you

"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found"
thread687-81916

Had same problem with Volo View Express. This is the program I use to view print files with the ending extensions. DWF, DWG, DXF, RML, IPT, IAM, IDW

Problem was that when I tried to open the file, The dreaded
"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found" would come up. So i used the Posting by KeyTech (Programmer) Dated January, 3rd from above and went to the download site he indicated:

And down loaded it to my download file. Next I went to Windows to
Start,
Search,
For Files or Folders
And typed in Volo View Express
and found the File with Volo View Express
And opened it and it had all the .dll files in it accept the ac1st15.dll file. So I went back to my down load file where I had saved it before from the Download site Jay (KEYTECH)had sent me, and copied it and PASTED it into the Volo Express file that had all the .dll files. I then had to go to View (right hand button click, Arrange Icons by type) to get the .dll file in the right perspective. While I was there in this folder, I copied the Voloview.exe file. My short cut did not work that I had on my desk top, so I threw that out and pasted the Voloview.exe file to my desk top and that is what I use to open the Volo View Express program.

It works great! No problems any more.

I'm sure the way Jay (KeyTech) explained it works great, but I'm not a computer expert and don't claim to be, and just needed to view my prints.

I use to use Autocad 14, but since I don't need to make drawings or prints, I only need to view them, so I found Volo View Express to work just great for what I need!

Thanks Jay for your Update!

Actionj

donhoe_1@juno.com

Hi All,

Had the same problem and here's my fix:

Client: Win98, Symantec Antivirus 8.0. Voloview 2.x

1. Uninstall antivirus s/w
2. Install Voloview s/w
3. Reinstall antivirus s/w
4. Replace the existing ac1st15.dll with the latest version from Autodesk, the link to the file is posted in this thread.

This AC1ST15.dll problem happens when you use and older OS and Norton products together. If you go to and then go to the support window you can search for this dll file and download it for free. Then all you have to do is copy it to the correct folder. This will over write the outdated dll file and fix all of your problems. i have Win 98 and Norton System Works 2002 and it worked like a charm. this is a very common problen according to the autodesk tech support.

I had the problem with autocad not finding acad dlls. I have acad14, acad2000i and norton AV all on my win 98 machine. They were all happy and working to gether for more than 2 years, then last week acad 2000 could not find some dlls. after reading some of these comments I opened my autoexe.bat to check my path. it looked fine but at the dos prompt i typed path and the path was incomplete acad some how was not being added to my path. after fighting with this for a while i believe i found the problem it was not autocad or norton i loaded a program on my computer that had added its self to my path. Although it looked correct i belive it made my path to long. I removed some unneeded searches from my path and every thing is working fine again. Thank this thread saved me a lot of time. tedf82

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back