Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found" 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyTech

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
KR
Hey all,
Im haveing a problem with acad2000 where on start up I get an error message saying
"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found".
I have tried reinstalling the software a couple of times and on other machines, but still nothing. I also tried
installing CAD in the root directory of C:\acad2000 and it worked once, then I closed it down and opened it
and I got the same error message again.
The PCs are using Win98 and there is already a version of ACAD r14 on it. I saw on the net it has got to do with the
path in autoexec.bat but that hasnt been modified and seems ok...any ideas??? Jay~

If its broken, just leave it and hope someone else fixes it!

~KeyTech

copy autodesk shared folder to windows system folder to run autocad 2000 well

i have this same problem. if someone could send me the .dll file i would really appreciate it! d1batman@yahoo.com

Before you go and do something drastic like reload your OS, try this. Make sure your path in your autoexec.bat has a correct path.

SET PATH=C:\PROGRA~1\Common~1\AUTODE~1;C:\PROGRA~1\ACAD2000

Make sure this is the last path that appears in this file. Then, assuming you actually have "ac1st15.dll" on your hard drive, copy it from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared" to "C:\Program Files\ACAD2000". This should fix your problems. I just wish there was a way to bump this message to the top of this list to save everyone lots of reading. Good luck (-:

Ok listen up all you dudes are half right,now you have the file when you installed autocad what ever version doesnt really matter 2000 and up,i installed autocad2002,mdt6 and got it i changed the autoexec.bat to original old file dated before i installed it and it worked. Now i tell you why it worked for some reason when it stalled it,(IT DIDN'T REGISTER THE DAM FILE IN REGISTRY)so i used the old 1 that was registerd from a previous install just make sure it has the path on there as follows i show you---->C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AUTODE~1Short line.
now you have autoexec.bat right put the .txt behind it now open in notepad and look and see if the paths on there you will find this file under C:\ (that drive) to exsplain what i did is after i installed new autocad i went back under c:\ found the old autoexec.bat which was named autoexec.nav some times the new ending is .bak and i made the old 1 the new 1 because it was registered by changeing .nav to .bat thats it but get rid of the original .bat first by putting .txt right after it k

Hi guys,

A slightly different problem with AC1ST15.DLL

I run on OS 98SE

I have just updated to Norton AVI 2002 and now my error message when I start ACAD 2000i is:

ACAD caused an invalid page fault in
module AC1ST15.DLL at 017f:65fe1e3b.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=65fe1e3b EFLGS=00010246
EBX=bff77716 SS=0187 ESP=00daf888 EBP=00dafa54
ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=00ed0480 FS=59d7
EDX=bff7024c ES=0187 EDI=00000001 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 10 8d 4e 04 8d 7e 14 89 11 8b 50 04 89 51 04
Stack dump:
00000001 00ed0580 00ed0560 64616f4c 7262694c 41797261 bfbebd00 c3c2c1c0 c7c6c5c4 cbcac9c8 cfcecdcc d3d2d1d0 d7d6d5d4 dbdad9d8 dfdedddc c3c2c1c0

Any ideas out there?

Regards,

Dave

I have the same problem as Dizzy Dave.
Can anyone help?

I have Just update from Autocad 2000 to Autocad 2002 and am getting the same error.

module AC1ST15.DLL at 017f:65fe1e3b.
Registers: etc.

any ideas

I get the same Invalid page fault for AC1ST15.dll for 2000, 2002, Inventor 5.3 and Mech Desktop 6. I also installed Norton 2003. The problems started right after that...

Help... I don't want to have to reformat....

I have stupidly UN-installed ACAD 2000 AFTER installing ACAD 2002. During the un-install I'm sure I let the procedure delete "shared" files, one of which is certainly the ac1st15.dll! As a result, if anyone has a charitable moment, would you please send me a copy of the file???
Thanks a Million!!!
scj7

same ol, but the client is running win2k and only has VoloView Xpress2, and Autodesk Field Survey loaded. He is not using 14 2000 or i or 2002. Would the sam apply? I tried sending him a copy of my DLL but that did not work.
I have "i", map4.5, VVXpress2, overlay and cadworx on my system. I had 14 on a previous pc and tested 2000i with it on there but never had any problems. I wonder if i install 14 on my current setup if i start getting the DLL problem.
Not a chance.

Hi there

I am using Acadlt 2002 and have yust updated to Norton Internet security 2003 and am now getting the same error.

module AC1ST15.DLL at 0187:65fe1e3b.

Any selutions yet, except uninstalling and re-installing everything, somebody must know what's hapening in the background - why do we even need this file?

Email me please

Hi there good thread ...
BUT Grrr

I am using WIN98 and Acad2002 and after NORTON 2003,
Acad 2002 caused an invalid page fault in Module AC1ST15.DLL
etc....
A requiered .dll file ICSAPI32.dll was not found.

The ICASPI32.dll was missing, but I got it off the
WIN98 CD put it in c:/windows/systems folder but still no joy!!

I phoned friends that have the same 'make up' as me and they
do not have the ICSAPI32.dll and all works fine, BUT
they do not have NORTON 2003 either...
I thought maybe I lost the ICSAPI32.DLL in installation of NORTON 2003.

Someone please help... ;-)

For those of you who are geeting the

module AC1ST15.DLL at 0187:65fe1e3b.

error it has to do with the norton anti-virus realtime monitoring.

Specifically the symevnt.386 file.

the only way I know of tight now is to remove norton anti-virus. I know that the 2001 version seems to work.

you will also need to remove the link in the registry. I can't remember exactly where it is but just do a search.

Ok found it, its the semevnt.386 file
seems this file doesnt get uninstalled so u
have to physically remove it, if you goto the
norton web site it say's remove semevent files and
registry entry's but nothing about SEMEVNT.386
remove this file and the reference and you should be
able to run autocad 2000i, worked for me.

thanks to the previous post cause that was the closest i got
to figureing it out.

ummm yep SYMEVNT.386 is the file

theres no SEMEVNT.386 , quess i should look before i leap on the keyboard, dang keys and stuff..

THANKS 2 Harbinger and Doglok!!

My Setup:
WIN98 and ACAD 2002 with NORTON Utilites 2002 working fine side by side.

Problem:
After installing NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2003 >> AUTOCAD 2002 would not start.
“invalid page fault in Module AC1ST15.DLL…”
Even after uninstalling NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2003 AUTOCAD still didn’t work !

Solution:
To date, only the full removal of NORTON ANIVIRUS 2003 will solve the problem.
The error has to do with norton anti-virus realtime monitoring.
Specifically the SYMEVNT.386 file (file size:121kb dated:15.08.02)
in Windows\System and in Program Files\Symantec

Remove ACAD 2002 + ALL NORTON PROGRAMS. Make sure the SYMEVNT.386 file too.
Then reinstall the ‘older’ Norton programs back again.
After reinstall, AUTOCAD 2002 should work again. It did for me. ;-)

Summery:
The latest version of NORTON causes the error conflict with AUTOCAD 2002.
Older versions of Norton that worked with Autocad 2002 will still work.
SYMEVNT.386 file (file size:118kb dated:22.06.01) works fine…

It took me over a week of internet searching and a lot of install and uninstalling to get MY solution.

again thanks ;-)

Need the ac1st25.dll file for autocad. Can't find it
anywhere. If you can please e-mail it to cnc@mgci.com.
Thanx in advance.

Hello,

I had the Same problem with the ac1s15.dll page fault error.
I don't know if anyone thought to go to the autodesk website but you can down load the updated dll file there. It fixes the problems with Norton and Autocad. No uninstalling of either is needed. Hope it helps it worked for me!

Please send me the file ac1st15.dll, I also have the same problem than the others: autocad2000 doesn`t find the file and I can`t find it on hard-disc or on autocad2000 cd. Thank you a million!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back