Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found" 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyTech

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
KR
Hey all,
Im haveing a problem with acad2000 where on start up I get an error message saying
"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found".
I have tried reinstalling the software a couple of times and on other machines, but still nothing. I also tried
installing CAD in the root directory of C:\acad2000 and it worked once, then I closed it down and opened it
and I got the same error message again.
The PCs are using Win98 and there is already a version of ACAD r14 on it. I saw on the net it has got to do with the
path in autoexec.bat but that hasnt been modified and seems ok...any ideas??? Jay~

If its broken, just leave it and hope someone else fixes it!

~KeyTech

It was a long and stressful process but I got rid of the .dll error and now can once again run multiple versions of MDT on the same Windows 98SE machine.

First I uninstalled all versions, deleted all the folders including the autodesk shared folder & removed the autodesk subfolders from the registery (2 places).

I did the above several times and when the software was reinstalled, I would still get the error when more than one version was added.

Finally I took a hint from this thread and repeated the above only this time I reloaded windows. I reinstalled 4 versions of MDT in the default folders and applied all service packs. Now everyone is happy just like before.

My troubles started after a defrag of the hard drive so at least I now know how to solve the problem if it ever happens again.

Please send me the file ac1st15.dll, I have the same problem than the others: autocad2000 doesn`t find the file and I don`t have it on hard-disc ar cd. Thank you!

volcs@gmx.de

when i load the acad2000 cd it says error at: acad2000\datatemplate. and then it shuts down. do u know how i can get
this file or a copy of it. (acad2000/data)

thank you

I am also missing the acutil15.dll file. I got a message in notepad saying

FILE QUARANTINED
----------------

Antigen for Exchange removed acutil15.dll since it
was found to match the =*.* file filter.

(To be completely honest, I have no idea what that means)

Reinstalling AutoCAD is difficult, as I got it from my parents, they have the cd, and they live far away. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could send me a copy of the file.

Thank you very much.

Is this the file that you are looking for songcue...acutil15.dll as that is a different file from the rest of the posts here...you said it was the same as the others....being ac1st15.dll Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling autocad 2k and win xp. I still have the error missing ac1st15.dll. It is not located on my hard drive nor disk. It has worked before on 98 se but I have been using win xp and just tried to install and i got this error. It seems many people are having this problem. Does anyone have this file that they can send to me. I believe I need it before I troubleshoot any further.

I'm looking for acutil15.dll

Sorry, an earlier post also mentioned a problem with that file, and I got confused.

Thanks.

i also am having the problem missing the acutil15.dll file..thanks for all the help with ALL the posts that were not from people not reading Thoroughly. am trying to run 2k on a 2k proffesional system, going to try shortening the path. hope to hear from someone who cures this disease for good lol. thanks all
(p.s.) first visit to google and LOVE it)

I'm having a problem with autocad 2002 & acad2000 where on start up I get an error message saying
"A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found".
I have tried reinstalling the software a couple of times on my machine, but still nothing. I also tried
installing CAD in the root directory of C:\acad2000 and it worked once, then I closed it down and opened it
and I got the same error message again.
The PC is using Win98 and there is already a version of ACAD r14 on it. I saw on the net it has got to do with the
path in autoexec.bat but that hasnt been modified and seems ok...any

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the dll file is actually there in the Autodesk shared folder, and when I put it into the folder C:\acad2000\ it then looks for another file called Acutil15.dll which is also in that shared folder, and when I put that in it looks for another one, and another one and another one and so on.

I have autocad R14 running which I need for AEC 5.1. I'm about to reinstall windows 98 but is this really the problem as others have tried this and still haven't gotten the programs to run concurrently. Please advice on b_zinho@hotmail.com

The problem is with the 2 versions of CAD. They are both using the same problem file AC1st15.dll >:-< in the same Autodesk Shared folder.
The only way so far I have found to resolve this was to remove the r14 version. Have you got a logical D: drive with files and folders etc? Try having one version on the C:\ and the other on the D:\ Jay~

~KeyTech

FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE THE &quot;ac1st15.dll AN acutil15.dll&quot; ERROR:

THE PROBLEM IS EN THE PATH ON AUTOEXEC.BAT. AUTOCAD PUTS A PATHS WHERE IT HAS TO SEARCH SOME FILES ON AUTOEXEC.BAT. YOU´VE GOT TO CORRECT THOSE PATHS AN TYPE THE CORRECT. I´VE GOT TO DO THIS EVERYTIME I INSTALL AUTOCAD 2000, 200OI, 2002, MDT5,MDT6,ETC...

If you have two versions of ACAD on your machine, then that is the problem. Un-install both apps and then re-install just the one you want / need. Jay~

~KeyTech

To all:

I have dealt with this problem in my work place before while trying to upgrade from r14 to 2002. I know the solution I came up with isn't the right way to do it though. I just found a way to work around it and went with it. If you copy the .dll from the shared folder into the system? or system32? folder it will no longer ask where the .dlls are. Let me know if this is the case or not. Longlivegoku
A+, Windows 2000 MCP/MCSE

FELLOWS,

TODAY I HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE. AFTER READING MOST OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS, I WENT WITH THE CLEAN & BRAND NEW INSTALLATION IN THE &quot;D&quot; (PARTITION) DRIVE AND IT WORKED FOR ME.

I AM GLAD I GOT ACCROSS YOU GUYS (CARL, ET AL.)

THANKS A ZILLION!!

If anyone has this .DLL file, please send it to me. I'm having the same problem and it's driving me insane.

Simply

Simplytru@hotmail.com

If anyone has the ac1st15.DLL file, please send it to me. thank you thank you thank you thank you!!

bluebaby@zonnet.nl

Robbert

The problem is, as you see, a large one.
I just ran into it myself, and here are some obsevations:
I started with a new hard drive, loaded the same Windows98,
Loaded the same AutoCad Map3 (R14), and the same Acad2000i.
They were loaded into the exact same directories as they were loaded the first time, on the same computer with a new drive. The only difference between them was that in the installation of Acad2000i, I was not asked if I wanted to overwrite the original AutoCad. I recieved the same error message that the file in Autocad\Shared could not be found.
I copied it to Acad2000i (directory with acad.exe) and got the second message of a DLL that could not be found.
Fortunately, I have the exact same configuration at work, since I sometimes work at home and it's simpler if everything is exactly the same. I don't know why the problem occurred, but I know how to fix it.
If anyone needs the files, please send an email to:
bfranzus@syclone.net
I will be glad to send them out.

I do appreciate the info on the ac1st15.dll... I'm a late comer on this site but I have a long history in AutoCAD. This forum is great for the novice or an expert.
I tried that reinstall and I had no luck in finding the missing .dll file.

When someone has a moment, pls... send it off to me.

sburgess@shieldengineering.com

Thanks
Stacy

Hi, after reading all mesages, i tried by copying all files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\ to the directory C:\acad where I installed autocad 2002 and it worked!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back